Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need to update email settings?
rhod706's profile

• 

21 Messages

Wednesday, April 19th, 2023 10:04 PM

@bellsouth.net email

I tried to log onto my email today and it is saying that it was compromised to change my password, but when I click the Reset Password, it does not find my account or says there are not enough information.  I've tried the support phone number but get stuck in the automated operator not understanding my request.  HELP :(   

@ATTHelp 

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

Here is the message received :

We’ve noticed activity that suggests your password may be compromised. To keep your info safe, select Forgot password to set a strong, new password.
CARE CODE: 203.2 [FL001]

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

... sorry. ..  Ive had a bellsouth.net address for perhaps 25 years.  unfortunately, as you can see the other posts, you and me are not alone.  It's sinister.       

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks - Yeah - it was working fine this morning -  I've had for over 25 yrs as well.. so frustrating. 

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

My wife's email has the same problem. Waiting for some kind of response for 4 days now.....

(edited)

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

@RalphNazario @DaveForum3269 

It finally took filing a complaint on the FCC website to get a phone call from the Presidents Office at ATT to resolve the issue.  They were able to resolve after validating some information within about 10 minutes.  Its unfortunate I had to take those steps, but it did help - with that said, I was very frustrated but I do understand that security is important with fraudsters getting more and more creative with how they impersonate people to get access to information.  Hope this helps! 

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

@rhod706 how did you file? I don't see any special button on the FCC page for email, so i assume just an informal complaint? 

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

I went to the FCC website and selected Privacy complaint, then selected Internet as the option.  Then I put in my email address, in the subject I put "Compromised Email" since that is the error message I was receiving and entered my experience with ATT.  In the drop down for Internet, I selected Privacy again.  I even uploaded my error messages for the initial log in & when I tried to change my password. I got an email from FCC and then a call from ATT.  Immediately I then went in and updated my secondary email and security questions - God forbid it happens again!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.