Need to update email settings?
wbdarrow's profile

• 

5 Messages

Sun, May 22, 2022 1:34 AM

Bellsouth.net email not recognizing my login info (Care Code: 205.4)

My bellsouth.net email just stopped working for no good reason. I have tried to reset the password multiple times and even ATT tech support is unable to help at the moment. I was escalated up two tiers and they checked to make sure there are no website issues. They had me try to login from multiple sites (att.net, att.com, yahoo.com, currently.att.yahoo.com) and with multiple browsers and using Incognito/Private mode. My regular ATT account will login just fine and I can see my bills and service. Even tried to connect to email from there. Tried clearing cache on ALL of my browsers and still does not work even when successfully resetting the password. Cannot access from my phone or laptop and even tried turning off WiFi on my phone to try over cellular to rule out any error on my home network. The error that comes up is Care Code: 205.4 and states that "this isn't the ID you use for this service." I have had this email address for 20 years and have so much information tied to this account. Clearly an issue on the ATT side but nobody seems to be able to provide an answer after being on the phone with tech support for 2 hours. 

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

Just a follow up for anyone who reads this and has a similar issue.

I was finally able to get into my @bellsouth.net email account after calling (877) 312-5550 which is the ATT Digital Assistant Center.

After they merged my accounts a few weeks ago they had me use my @bellsouth.net as my main ATT ID. After going into my profile and changing the ATT ID to another email address I was then able to get into my @bellsouth.net email address again. Not sure if this would be helpful for your situation, but thought I would share.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.