For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
TGACJ's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 24th, 2022 7:06 PM

att.net keeps making me change my e-mail password. It says I have had too many attempts when I go to access my account

att.net keeps making me change my e-mail password. It says I have had too many attempts when I go to access my account but it always my 1st attempt. I change my password and sign in for 2 weeks and about 6 weeks later if gives me the message above

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

2 years ago

@srspanda   oh wow.. Everytime I change my password, it logs me into my Directv email so I have to log out and then log into my regular email..    

I wish they would get the problem fixed..    I'm tired of having to redo my password .. I had to redo twice today...  I'm so sick of it

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I verified my email address by going to the following link:  http://sm.att.com/3bd5c0a0

I found this link from an AT&T post near the beginning of this discussion.

I think I may have had to do the whole Forgot My Password to login to this AT&T page. Once logged in, I was in my AT&T accounts. I clicked on the link for my "Profile" near the upper right corner. It was on this screen that I noticed that my email wasn't verified. So I verified it and made sure everything else was correct/verified and that so far has fixed my issue, at least it seems so, thus far anyway.

(edited)

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Keep using the same password (unless you were hacked of course ). This way you don't have to redo everything. That's what I've been doing for a few months.

My last reset was about a week ago. The keep me logged in for two weeks check box seems to work. As I said before, I don't have this issue on my iOS mail client.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Now AT&T is logging me out of my email seemingly every 10 minutes. I have been on my computer non-stop for the last three hours and have been logged out repeatedly, even though I leave the browser tab open and logged in.

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION AT&T.

Is your goal to make your legacy emails so difficult to use that we all abandon them? If so you are achieving your goal.

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

2 years ago

@glp01640   I'm in my email, but don't see "my profile' in the top right corner... I don't see it if I click into "settings"     so not sure where you found it...

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

. I have been locked out of my sbcglobal.net email account that I have had for over 20 years.  I get the message I've tried too many times, all the reset password efforts have failed. They want to send an email to my sbcglobal.net email to get a verification code, obviously I don't have access to that email to get the code.  All else has failed. Called att they say it's a yahoo problem, called yahoo they say to call att. Noone can help me. I've been trying to get into my account for months. It's causing so many problems. Please tell me who can I contact to get access to my email.  thank you 

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

2 years ago

@sandiwebb   Not sure who to call.. try their repair number..  1-800-288-2020

see if they can help...  I think Yahoo runs AT&T's email but it sounds like they

are passing the buck and no one knows how to fix the problem... sad..

I had to call them today because it looked like someone hacked into my email 

this morning..  It took me twice to get logged in.. I would try to get in, and it would say I tried too many times even though I had only tried once... I finally got in after the 2nd try... and then within a hour or so, I got kicked out and had to do it all over again...  It's frustrating.   I hope you can get it fixed... 

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

@sandiwebb The only advice I can offer is to try using your login credentials on the mail client of an iOS device. I never have an issue on my iPad. If you don't have one, maybe try on an Android device or find a friend who will let you temporarily set your email up on their iPad. Once you do get in you will need to set up an alternate contact method for the future as this issue doesn't appear to be going away any time soon.

@Mamacat104 Are you using the "Keep me logged in" checkbox. If not you will have to log in all the time. 

I don't know what the issue is on PCs (maybe it's a Chrome problem) but once your login expires you have to reset your password.

Does this happen with MS Edge or Firefox?

Has anyone tried to use a mail client app on their PC? I know there are free ones.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

@Mamacat104 did you try the link that I had copied from an AT&T post. It doesn't take me to my email, it takes me to my AT&T accounts list. It was on this accounts list page that I clicked on the "Profile" link near the upper right corner.

@stogiesaurus I was continuously using the "Keep me logged in" checkbox, but was still getting logged out multiple times a day and therefore having reset my password multiple times a day. I use both a Windows laptop and and Android phone. After I discovered that my email address was no longer verified and I re-verified it, I stopped having this issue. Almost a full 24 hours now and it has not reoccurred.

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

2 years ago

@stogiesaurus    Yes, I always check the "keep me logged in" check box...  And boy when that 2 weeks is up, they kick me out of my email.. I can be in the middle of typing  very long email and I lose it all when they kick me off.. because I never know I'm out til I try to send it...   I have had issues with Firefox so I got rid of it... I haven't tried my email on Edge...  on the PC, I go to  https://currently.att.yahoo.com/ and click on "Mail" in the top right corner to go into my email..  if they haven't kicked me out, I go straight into my inbox.      What has me wondering, is the fact that yahoo keeps wanting us to upgrade our email, so we have to pay for it monthly... They say you can pay for your email and don't have to deal with the ads.. I think if we are paying for the internet, the email should remain free for those who are paying for their internet...  

I wish they would fix this mess... I can't understand why they can't get this fixed... 

it's been happening for way too long... So far I'm still signed in.   Will see what happens when I try to log back in after they bumped me out.. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.