Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need to update email settings?
NewName's profile
NewName
20th Community Anniversary
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

Saturday, November 20th, 2021 2:45 PM

ATT Wireless number required to sign in to email account?

When I try to sign into my [email scrubbed] webmail account after entering my login and password, I get a notice requiring me to update my profile information by entering my zip code and wireless number which can be used to text me a code if needed to reset my password or recover my account.  However, whenever I go to my profile page, the instructions for entering a wireless number clearly require it to be an ATT wireless phone number as shown in the instructions below copied from the webpage.  So, if I don't have an ATT wireless phone (which I don't) or don't want to use it for account recovery, how on earth do I bypass this screen in order to log into my webmail account?  There is no option to "skip" this step or decline.  

Enter your AT&T wireless number

Enter your AT&T wireless number if you want to use it to sign in.

To keep your info safe, we'll send you a verification code to make sure you're you.
NewName

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

1 year ago

@86gtconv  Thanks for the update and a report of your persistent attempts to get an answer/help from ATT.  That is quite disappointing that they will not address this issue other than to try to force us to get an ATT wireless phone.  Anyway, once I finally got into my email account with the needless workaround solution, I just stopped signing out each night on my PC and phone so I wouldn't have to go through that frustration every day.  But occasionally, I do forget and sign out from habit, but have so far been able to get back in using my method for a couple of months now.  

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Is AT&T engineering capable of implementing landline trusted phone numbers for receiving a verification code?

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have had the same issue for almost a year and have been using the work-around (thanks, by the way). Today I received an email telling me that it's required.  I too have at&t home phone and no wireless.

ATTENTION! Our records show you have not set up password recovery options for your AT&T email account.

Update My Profile

Use this link to update your password recovery options.

Having this information on file protects your account from fraudulent activity and provides options to reset your password if needed.

AT&T requires this data to be available and without this information, we will not be able to assist you with a password reset or password related access to your account, which may result in you losing access to your account and data.

For additional information on how to maintain your profile information, please visit our forum at https://forums.att.com.

Thanks for choosing us,
AT&T

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

I'm moving this thread to the Email forum.

NewName

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

2 months ago

I just received this helpful advice from @ATTHelp about how to enter a non-ATT wireless number to reset your password and it worked for me.  Hope this helps you. 

You can follow these steps to set a Non-AT&T Wireless number as a recovery option:

1. Visit My Info
  2. Select Manage Email that is located at the bottom of the page
  3. Onice the new page loads, select Edit User Information
  4. Enter a Non-AT&T Wireless number and click save

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

Hello , I am not from the USA , I created my Email 10 years ago , why does it keep asking for a wireless number just to log in and check my Emails , What should I do?! Please Help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.