Need to update email settings?
kwiikii's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 28th, 2022 6:16 AM

Closed

AT&T locked our sbcglobal.net email account and refuses to grant access

We set up our sbcglobal.net accounts up years ago when we set up a DSL line in 1997. Since then we've had other accounts with AT&T, including U-Verse, high-speed internet, and a combined internet & DirecTV account. Since AT&T internet was only max 25Mbps in our area, we switched providers in 2020. For some reason, a few months ago my wife lost access to her email - j*******@sbcglobal.net. This is extremely frustrating since this is a primary form of communications with business, financial, and medical concerns. What's more frustrating is AT&T's refusal to provide access. We contacted a knowledgeable CSR by telephone who said she could see the account but could not unlock or provide other means of password reset because there was no secondary security set up on the account - security questions, phone number, secondary email address, etc. In 1997 there was no such thing as secondary security and therefore none was set up. The CSR asked for the last account number we had and I provided her the number of the internet account cancelled in 2020. I had to look through boxes of paperwork to find the invoice. She said she could not find the account in her system! I found it unusual that an industry-leaading high-technology company doesn't have access to records from two years ago. I spent 1-1/2 hours on the phone that day - Nov 21, 2022. At the end the CSR said she'd reset the account and we could try again in 24 hours. That did not work and I suspect it was just a ploy to get me off the phone.  In any case I am asking for help in resolving this problem. I see this is not an isolated case and the problem has caused outrage and FCC involvement. Will you assist with this please since we only want access to our email account, nothing more. 
Thank you,
...Dave

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Email to Setup Password Recovery Option for AT&T Email

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.