For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
wcox41's profile

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 6th, 2023 4:43 PM

at&t email won't connect to pop account settings.

AT&T email won't connect to pop server acct.  I have used outlook 2010 for years and changed this past summer to Outlook 365 with no problems.   I had to change my password and all I get when I try and connect is "Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't save your account settings."  I have

tried inbound.att.net, pop.mail.yahoo.com, pop.att.yahoo.com with negative results.  I would appreciate any help.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

First, create a Secure Mail Key.

If you already have an SMK and it's not working, use that link to go in and delete it and create a new one. Use that one in Outlook instead.

Then in Outlook use that key wherever Outlook asks for a password.

If you still get errors, use these alternate servers instead of the att.com servers.

IMAP

imap.mail.yahoo.com  (use Port 993 and SSL/TLS)

smtp.mail.yahoo.com  (use Port 465 and SSL/TLS)

POP3

pop.mail.yahoo.com  (use Port 995 and SSL/TLS)

smtp.mail.yahoo.com  (use Port 465 and SSL/TLS)

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I am still not able to sending or receive email using the above pop3 settings.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Ok I got it when I followed your secure key info.  That worked for my pc,  thank you.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I am facing the same issue, I encountered "timed out" errors while sending Gmail two weeks ago. A week later, I couldn't connect to AT&T and Gmail accounts using IMAP or POP. After resetting the accounts, I sent and received emails by bypassing my router and connecting directly to HughesNet modem. Today, the two Gmail accounts aren't connecting to the server even with direct connection. I suspect my HughesNet connection is causing the problem, but only my HughesNet email works consistently. Both my desktops running Windows 7 have this issue.

• 

30 Messages

7 months ago

This is a recurring problem. Mine was working again for a while, then suddenly stopped again. No one has a clue why. 

I have checked all settings many  times, I have re-set the secure key, and i have tried the pop.mail and inbound settings many times. 

Nothing works and no one at ATT will admit they did something. 

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

I've had the same problem since Jan 2024 on my MS Outlook.  I am at my wits end.  AT&T says there is nothing wrong with my email account.  Pop server won't connect for my att.net account on MS Outlook.  I have 4 other att.net accounts on the same MS Outlook that work fine.  For the defective account, I can send mail, so SMTP is fine and my SMK (secure mail key) is fine.  But for grins, I deleted it and added new ones multiple times.  For the POP servers, I tried inbound.att.net and I tried pop.mail.yahoo.com and neither work.  All my other accounts work fine with inbound.att.net.  My defective account works if I set up with an IMAP server instead of POP, but Outlook creates a separate folder for that IMAP inbox, and the IMAP account keeps throwing timeout errors and hanging up my Outlook where it will not open the next time until I got to Task Manager and close MS Outlook.  Also I have the correct SSL ports (995 and 465).

(edited)

6 Messages

1 month ago

The link provided for "secure email key" takes me to direct TV with no link to security for a password 

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

It's odd that it takes you to DirecTV.  Did you try the following steps?

Go to www.att.com

Under the MyAT&T dropdown in the top right, select "Go To My Account"

Sign into your account.  Then click on the "Profile" link in the top navigation bar.

On the Profile page, scroll down to "Manage Secure Mail Key" under your email account.  Select "Add A Secure Mail Key"

Give it some name like "GoldcyOutlook" and click "Create Secure Mail Key".

Then on the popup, click "Copy Secure Mail Key to Clipboard".  This is what you will paste into the "password" field of MS Outlook (using Cntrl+V to paste).

Hope this helps!

6 Messages

1 month ago

Directtv is only place I can get to which supposedly att email but email or profile never gives the options.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.