Need to update email settings?
queengeek's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 29th, 2017 2:18 AM

Where are my sbcglobal.net emails?

Since Yahoo and Sbcglobal email accounts were decoupled, I now need to access my sbcglobal.net email. 

Is there a web interface to this email account? I tried start.att.net suggested in another post and it simply sends me over to yahoo email. Is there a pop3/smtp server to access?

Please provide the necessary information to retrieve sbcglobal.net email.

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

sbcglobal.net

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I don't access email on my phone.  What now????

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I can't get into my mail

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

not my problem

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

CAN;T ACCESS MY MAIL. CAN'T SIGN IN  FORGOT PASSWORD

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It would have been nice if ATT had notified us that they are shutting down our SBCGlobal email accounts but I guess they don't care about us, or our email. I've been able to log on my SBC account through Yahoo.com. If you go to www.yahoo.com you will see a envelope in the right hand corner, click on it and sign in. If you lost your password, make up a new one. You should be able to see your email there. I will tell you I recently lost ALL my email from both SBC accounts I have. I logged on one day and over 5000 email messages were gone! Poof! No more email! You may find that to be the case as well. I'm sick about it but there is nothing I can do. Had I known that was going to happen, I would have done something to move my important email messages someplace else, but they didn't tell me. I had 88 email messages I'd saved from my father who is deceased. I was sick about those messages being deleted but again, there is nothing I can do. I'm sorry to tell you that you maybe facing the same thing. I got an email from an ATT employee much like the message from 'tutor' on this board. I think they are rude and I think we should have had prior notice to them deleting all our email but that didn't happen. I never knew that SBC Global went out of business 20 years ago so thanks for the info but 'tutor' could have been kind about it since many people including myself, never knew! So sorry and good luck!    

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi! I've always accessed my sbcglobal email on my phone app. But 3 days ago, it wouldn't accept my password. How did you do It?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@Annie4u 

Sbcglobal.net is a valid att (legacy) domain, not a yahoo domain.  It has been since the days when the various baby bells were swallowed up to become what is now att.  So have you tried using att's own home/portal page, start.att.net, to log into the webmail instead of yahoo's? It may be necessary to change passwords if you cannot log in as indicated in the announcement at the top right of this page.  While the yahoo.com home page used to work for logging in, att and yahoo have since tried to unmerge the att accounts from yahoo.   This has been the source of no end of problems for legacy accounts trying to log into their email.  Hence that announcement I referred to.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@Nancy.P 

I recommend you verify your phone email client app's server settings with what is documented here.  And as suggested on that page replace your password setting in the client with a secure mail key.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Isn't there an 800  phone number I can call?  It seems there was when this happened a month ago.  I'm afraid I've forgotten the instructions she talked me through over the phone.  I need to access my Sbcglobal.net account because it has important saved emails.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.