#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

Mon, May 2, 2022 4:04 PM

Suggestions For AT&T/Yahoo and All Email Customers

Suggestion for AT&T/Yahoo:  Why don't you just put us out of our misery by getting out of the email business altogether?  It's obvious you don't want to be in the business.  You're not very good at it.  Incompetent may be a better word to describe it.  Especially when you lock people out of email accounts they've used for decades.  I had more than enough evidence to prove I was the owner of the account you locked but you weren't willing to make the effort to help.  SPAM is out of control.  I had no issues with SPAM until AT&T transitioned my accounts to Yahoo - Yahoo, this one is on you!  AT&T - If you're going to stay in the email business, divert some of those massive dollars you're currently spending on advertising to the email side of the house and do email right!  Right includes getting away from Yahoo.

Suggestion for Email Customers without a paid AT&T service:  They don't want your business.  They have stated on this site numerous times that non-paid email is now self service only for support and they keep locking people out of accounts they've owned since the days of dial-up.  Apparently, they don't realize that treating free email accounts like that doesn't make people want to be paid customers in the future.  I hate that it has come to this but your best bet is to find another email service before they lock you out of your account permanently.  It's only a matter of time.

Suggestion For Email Customers with a Paid AT&T service:  Leverage your paid service by shoring up your email accounts now to help prevent getting locked out in the future.

1)  Make sure all personal information attached to the email account is correct AND matches what is attached to your paid service.  Names spelled correctly, correct zip code, etc.  It's important that nothing is wrong as they'll use that against you in the future.

2)  Make sure you have security questions and answers set up for account recovery.

3)  Use two factor authentication by giving them your cell phone and/or a non-AT&T email address for account recovery.  I would hate giving them my cell phone number but it might be the best way to protect future use of your email account.  AT&T still hasn't offered a solution for those folks (mostly elderly) who don't have cell phones.

4)  Very important.  Make sure ALL of your AT&T emails are linked to your paid service account.

5)  If you move, update your information right away but keep all of the old information handy as you might still need it down the road.  AT&T maintained an old (and wrong) zip code on my account even after I updated my information and wouldn't let me correct it.

6)  If you leave their paid service, try to get it in writing that you'll be allowed to use and maintain your existing email accounts.  This might not help as I do have it in writing and they still locked me out of one of my accounts.

Good luck to all of you,

DC

DC9876

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

2分前

Sure are a lot of folks having issues that should not be happening.

I moved away from AT&T about a month ago.  But, I still have to monitor my old AT&T addresses to make sure I'm not getting important messages from anyone I forgot to update with the new address.

I cannot believe the sheer volume of SPAM I'm getting to one of the addresses.  It just started about 3 weeks ago.  It's dumb too because about half of the spam goes to the spam folder but way too much still gets sent to the  inbox.  Problem is that it's the exact same spammer in each and every case and AT&T/Yahoo's spam filters aren't smart enough to figure that out.

DC

DC9876

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

1分前

As AT&T continues to lock folks out of their email accounts, my original post is still valid.

DC

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.