I'd like to know how to receive and send email in plain text

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

You can send email from the Yahoo webmail UI (sign in at www.currently.com) by clicking Compose and then click the three dot menu at the very bottom of the email composition window.  The plain text option is there.

Note that going forward it will remember that setting so if you want to compose in Rich Text you'll have to undo that setting in the bottom toolbar.

I don't know of any way to convert incoming HTML emails to plain text.  I seem to recall it was an option a very long time ago, but as with a lot of things, it looks like Yahoo removed that option.

kamull01

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

2 months ago

I have read that there are invisible trackers ( a tiny 1 pixel x 1 pixel image) in email that lets the sender know that you have opened the email, how times you have opened it, what your location is, and what sort of device you are using.    But, if you read the email in plain text (i.e., turning off HTML) , the image is blocked.

Sometimes my email will say "This message contains blocked images" and there is a link to "Show images" and a link to "Always show images".  I presume that this means that any invisible tracker has been blocked.  But, if I were to click on "Always show images", how would I be able to get it back to blocking images again?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

There's a Show Images in messages setting in Settings>More Settings>Viewing email that would allow you to go back to the blocking action.

kamull01

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

2 months ago

I've looked at the options in Settings>More Settings>Viewing email.  To be in the "blocking action" mode, does that mean that you untick the box for 'Always, except in Spam folder'?  Or does it mean that you tick the box for 'Ask before showing external images' and that you always answer 'No'?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

That setting you've shown puts things back to the default, where no images are shown until you click Show Images.

kamull01

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

2 months ago

Which setting is "that setting"??

a.  the one where 'Always, except in spam folder' IS NOT ticked ??

b.  the one where 'Ask before showing external images" IS ticked??

c.  where both are as shown in the screen shot [where a) - IS NOT ticket and b) - IS ticked] ??

Sorry to be obtuse, but I need clarification here.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

Option b.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.