Need to update email settings?
K

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 8th, 2021 2:01 PM

Closed

Not receiving email from some senders

I am not receiving emails from some senders. The emails are not going to inbox or spam folder.  The same emails ARE being received via my alternate email address. It is only my att.net address having issues. 

Any suggestions on where to start investigating this issue?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

3 years ago

Two possible issues:

1) AT&T's SMTP server is blocking the sender's mail server based on IP address while your other e-mail address' SMTP server is not.  The sender should see this rejection with a note on how to get AT&T to quit.

2) I understand that Yahoo does some filtering after that.  I don't have any details on it.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Would these missing emails be bouncing back to the sender?  There are 4-5 senders that never get to me and they are all (probably) automated emails. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

3 years ago

(1) Should generate an NDR of some sort, but not all mail servers will send them back to the originator anymore.  (2) probably would quietly eat it if it doesn't put it in your spam folder for you.

17 Messages

4 months ago

I have been experiencing the same issue on my att.net account and it is now November 2023.  The emails never reach me.  The emails do not show up in my account when I access the account via a web browser so I am thinking that any "cookies" on my device are not the issue. The messages do not end up in SPAM.  Like the person above, the issue of emails never reaching me persists regardless of what device I use to log into the web email account.  Also like the person above the sender never receives any kind of not delivery or bounce notice.   Please help, this is having a personal financial impact. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for creating your own topic, but it isn't necessary to reply to a 3 year old topic AND create your own.  That's known as cross posting and is against community guidelines.  This 3 year old post should be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.