Need to update email settings?
dadgummit's profile

• 

1 Message

Wed, May 18, 2022 2:10 AM

Merge Att account with yahoo or gmail

IK have had an ATT account forever and it has been my main email.  Recently it seems like att is falling apart.  I have to change my password every 3-4 weeks and it is a total pain to do so.  On changing my password it wants to text a code but the numbers it has are very very very old.  Unfortunatley there is no way to change the recovery numbers.  when you are logged into att mail online you have no option under security to view or change the numbers.  I tried the yahoo app and that does nothing either.  I tried logging into my att account and while it shows the email account there is no place that shows the recovery numbers either.  is att mail going away?  How can I merge this account with another provider like gmail or yahoo so I don't lose the content but still have an account that is supported by the company?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

4.9K Messages

1分前

IF you can log into your AT&T email account, then you can import those emails and contacts over to Gmail.

Log into your Gmail account and go to Settings, then See all settings, then Accounts and Import.

Look at the Import mail and contacts section.  You can put in your AT&T email address and password and Gmail will pull everything over and keep pulling new emails for 30 days.  If you've got a ton of email to import it could take many hours (sometimes even a couple of days) before it's done.

Good luck and know you're doing the right thing by bailing out while you still can.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.