Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need to update email settings?
bradfordzhang's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 4:28 PM

IP blocking by RBL

Hello ATT, I was trying to send an abuse email about ip announcement, it appears you're blocking our IP: 193.32.149.94. Can you unblock?

Error: 553 5.3.0 alph748 DNSBL:RBL 521< 193.32.149.94 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this error to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

9 months ago

Send an e-mail to the address in the message.  That is the only documented channel for dealing with this.

When writing: 1) Include a rejection NDR verbatim 2) Write an e-mail that looks like it was written by a human, not auto-generated by some SPAM bot 3) Mention when this issue started (if you've been able to send e-mail before) 4) Discuss your history with the IP: how long you've had it, any situations where you may have allowed spam and how you corrected that issue so it no longer occurs 5) Aver your commitment to not allowing SPAM to be sent via your server If they haven't responded to your e-mail in 3-5 days, request an update... but no more often than every 3-5 days.

Observer

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Jeff there has got to be another way to contact AT&T, I work with a public library that just change ISP's and their IP address has been RBLd but only by AT&T for over a month now.  I am not getting any replies from AT&T after providing the information they initially requested.  We have thousands of members of the library community that cannot receive updates that they are expecting if they are an AT&T customer.  

At this point should I tell the library to start to think about calling their patron who use AT&T and let them know to sign up with a different service until AT&T fixes their problem? 

Thanks,

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

8 months ago

That is the only official channel to report.

AT&T doesn't think they have a problem.  They're blocking that IP for a reason.  It appears--as far as they're concerned--that reason is legitimate.  I don't know why they feel that way, but they do.  

You could try asking your ISP for assistance with the problem.  In addition to contacting AT&T through ISP contacts, they could give you a way to relay the e-mail from another IP, or change your IP subnet, but there's no guarantee that there will not be a block on the new IP range as well.

There is no central authority to appeal to; the Internet is pretty much a cooperative enterprise.

Observer

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Thanks for the feedback JafferMC.  You must have awesome ISP tech support, the only thing the ones I work with will do is run a line test and tell you to reboot the router.

I agree that "There is no central authority to appeal to; the Internet is pretty much a cooperative enterprise."  However AT&T is not the internet they are a single enterprise and could do better if they wanted to.  Their postmaster management department is the worst I have ever dealt with.  In fact, it's easier to resolve issues with the internet at large than with just AT&T.

On behalf of other clients, I have I have worked with other massive mail services like Microsoft, Google, Xfinity & AOL and had an easier time.  AT&T is the only one that is this callously unresponsive completely ignoring not only other legitimate organization but the needs of their own customers.  As I re-read this, I am asking myself why I was even surprised by that?

I'll update this post If I ever get this resolved to give hope to any other organizations blacklisted by AT&T's outdated double secret private RBL.

Thanks,

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.