Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need to update email settings?
dobbswhit's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 19th, 2022 11:58 PM

Getting spam at att.net

I have an sbcglobal.net email. For the past two weeks, I am getting up to 10 phishing emails a day in my inbox all directed to an att.net email. How can I rectify this?

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I posted a couple of days ago about all the spam hitting my Inboxes for my two pacbell.net email accounts.  Since then, the number of spam messages increased dramatically (to almost 100 a day in my Inboxes) until this morning at which time spam messages started being diverted to my spam folders. Hopefully Yahoo has done something to fix this problem.  However, just because the spam messages are not hitting my Inbox for now does not mean that the problem is fixed. 

I spoke to a friend who has a sbcglobal.net email account and she was receiving the exact same spam messages etc. as I was getting. The spam messages were also identical in my two email accounts.  Apparently not every AT&T email account was/is being impacted by this problem with Yahoo's spam filters, as I know a couple of people who have not had this problem who have pacbell.net and sbcglobal.net addresses.

I have used these email accounts for over 25 years and I have never had this problem before.

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

@ATTHelp . . . reporting and filtering out the sources of these spam messages may be a good idea, but I'd like to know WHY, all of a sudden, we--and many others, probably--are suddenly seeing them in our inboxes.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

@gardencat   Good luck with that.  In all of the years I've been a customer of AT&T I've never once seen them give a why when there was a problem like this.  The people who talk to us in public likely don't even know and those down in the bowels of the mechanism aren't talking.

Community Support

• 

232.8K Messages

2 years ago

We are here to help with your email, gardencat .

Here is more information on how to report and filter those emails.

We suggest that you report these spam emails to our abuse team, so this can get escalated and they can look into this for you.

Let us know if this helps.

Charles, AT&T Community Forums

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

@ATTHelp 

good job with the copy paste template answer that doesn’t address the underlying problem. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Well, there was a cease-fire, so......

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue. It is my email address but with att.net instead of sbcglobal.net. I tried to send to the att.net address but i received a reject notice for invalid email address. I don't understand how these emails are getting to my sbcglobal.net account.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Here you go - my real address ends with sbcglobal.net. this email went to my address but with att.net at the end. When i hover over it, it does not reveal a different email address. The spam is coming from everywhere. I thought that maybe the sbcglobal spam filter was translating my "to" address but still sending them through to my real address. Obviously, everyone here is experiencing the same thing. We aren't trying to manage spam, we're trying to understand this email address translation. 

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

I am back to getting unfiltered obvious spam messages back in my inbox. They do not get processed and sent to my spam by whatever tool should be used. As user @jbmcall has stated, we are not trying to manage obvious spam, so @ATTHelp, do something that isn't just replying with the same copy and paste response. I have also forwarded these emails per request as well.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I'm so sick of it I'm about ready to stop using my sbcglobal account. I report the spam and nothing helps, neither does their unsubscribe tool.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.