Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need to update email settings?
dobbswhit's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Feb 19, 2022 11:58 PM

Getting spam at att.net

I have an sbcglobal.net email. For the past two weeks, I am getting up to 10 phishing emails a day in my inbox all directed to an att.net email. How can I rectify this?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.3K Messages

6 m مضت

Well sure, but anyone wishing to switch to another provider and is considering forwarding their Yahoo Mail isn't likely to be willing to sit there and forward each email manually, right?  Plus, then what you have is a bunch of forwarded emails, not the actual email original copy like the GMail service will copy over.

• 

1 Message

6 m مضت

I am having the same problem. It appears the messages are coming from different addresses.  I am marking them as spam. But, it's getting old- since this isn't even my address!  Can't Yahoo filter them out before they get to my inbox?  This is a relatively new thing (started in Feb. 2022), despite having an email account @sbcglobal.net since 2007.

• 

5 Messages

6 m مضت

Forwarding the messages to abuse@att.net as directed does not appear to be helping. Time to just use Gmail. 

• 

9 Messages

6 m مضت

I’m going to give iCloud.com a try. I have an account and it’s never used, which means it hasn’t accumulated a single piece of spam! I am really disappointed and irritated that my long-standing account with SBC global.net has become corrupted. Frankly, this experience has made me rethink why I am using AT&T for my other services – landline, wireless, Internet. Might be time to look into a bundle with Comcast.

• 

9 Messages

6 m مضت

Thanks for these comments. I have a Gmail account which I use for “business/public” purposes – my online subscriptions to the Washington Post, NYT, SF Chronicle, my HOA notices, etc., and my sbcglobal.net account, which I have used strictly for personal messages. I have an iCloud account which I use for photo storage, and it comes with email service. It’s literally virgin!

Xfinity is my cable provider, but my Internet, landline, and wireless are all AT&T. I’m going to at least explore what kind of a bundle Xfinity can offer me. I am in the process of telling groups of family and friends to use my iCloud account. If that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll just ask everyone to write me at Gmail and learn to sift out the personal messages. What a mess!

• 

1 Message

6 m مضت

Same issue and so glad it's not just me!

Previous to a few weeks ago the spam filter was very good and I rarely received spam in my inbox, but now it seems like they are all coming straight to my inbox 10-20/day.

Have read most of this thread but not really seeing from @ATTHelp  that they are acknowledging the issue. Aside from us reporting every email, is there something ATT can do to strengthen the spam filter? What has changed? @ATTHelp these are the questions this thread of users is asking, we already know how to delete and report spam. Please directly address the overall concern. 

I've been a user for 20 years and ready to leave. 

(edited)

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.3K Messages

6 m مضت

Unfortunately you won't be getting any details, acknowledgement or help from the ATTHelp people on this matter.  AT&T contracts with Yahoo to provide the mail service so they have no insight or control over anything that happens with the email.

And of course if you contact Yahoo, they'll just point you back at AT&T because it's "their" email account.

Clearly something has gone wrong at Yahoo, not only with this spam issue but also with the massive amounts of people who haven't been able to log into their AT&T accounts for the last few months.

The harsh reality is that "it is what it is" and nobody that we can talk to has any idea of what's going on and can tell us if or when it'll be fixed.  If it's like most of the bizarre Yahoo issues it'll just go away seemingly on it's own one day and they we'll wait for the next issue.

• 

9 Messages

6 m مضت

I had 3 messages in my sbcglobal inbox this morning: 2 notifications of comments on AT&T Forum and 1, wait for it, SPAM message!!! First of many, I’m sure. 

mmccoll, sounds like you are exactly where I am. It’s just astounding to me that AT&T and or yahoo could be oblivious to these large numbers of unhappy customers. tonydi, you seem to believe that nothing is going to change.

I sent a note to my siblings yesterday using my iCloud email address, and 3 out of 4 of them reported that my message got stuck in their Gmail spam filters, 

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.3K Messages

6 m مضت

Some would say I'm cynical but I think it's more that I've seen issues like this with the Yahoo Mail service over and over and over during the last 20+ years.  The scenes play out the same way each time.  Maybe we should start calling it the 3 Stages of Yahoo Grief......Oblivious, Deny, Magic.....oblivious of any problem, pretend like it doesn't exist after being shown, it magically disappears.

• 

9 Messages

6 m مضت

Well said. I’ve just never experienced the Magic stage...

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.3K Messages

6 m مضت

I'm so glad I wasn't taking a sip of my Pepsi when I read your comment.  🤣

You did, you just didn't know it.  It was those 4 days when everything seemed to be working correctly at Yahoo.

• 

9 Messages

6 m مضت

I can’t believe it: my Gmail spam filter just missed one – first time EVER – from “costoco”. My neighbor says that her Comcast account has had spam during the last couple of weeks – way more than previously. Her theory is that it’s the Russians…

• 

1 Message

5 m مضت

I have a [email scrubbed] account. Why does the system allow me to receive [email scrubbed] junk emails? I can filter it out as JUNK, but WHY does AT&T deliver this SPAM to me? I don't have an @att.net account!

(edited)

Grammi6

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

5 m مضت

I am in agreement with all the above customers! I have 2 sbc email accounts that have never in 20 years had spam in the inbox, and suddenly a few months ago started being bombarded with spam. I've contacted support to no avail, I've done all the filtering and blocking which is not at all convenient.  Something is different!  AT&T gets a ton of money from me monthly, I am sick of this!

(edited)

bchatm

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 m مضت

I report all the spam email I receive and I have been getting a lot lately at [email scrubbed].  Reporting and blocking seem to do nothing but when I blocked onmicrosoft.com spam email was reduced by 90%+.  I use outlook 2019 as my email client.  Works for me but AT&T still needs to address the issue.

(edited)

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.