Need to update email settings?
dobbswhit's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 19th, 2022 11:58 PM

Getting spam at att.net

I have an sbcglobal.net email. For the past two weeks, I am getting up to 10 phishing emails a day in my inbox all directed to an att.net email. How can I rectify this?

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I can non longer block the spam message senders. At&t is no help!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

The fact that AT&T mail (Yahoo mail) has issues with spam is unfortunately old news. You may have to look into a different email provider unless Yahoo/AT&T get it fixed (not likely in the near term).

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

No solution found thus far.  Since I received an AT&T survey last week that was designed to identify types of email service provider, platform performance, and login issues that have been occurring in association with att.net email, I hope there will be a resolution implemented soon.  

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Yeah, I've already migrated my contacts to a new email. Trying to figure out what worked to block the onslaught of spam was taking more work than it was worth. And it just seemed to increase. I just couldn't keep up anymore, so I gave up. Now I just occasionally check in to make sure I don't miss any important msgs. I've had that email for years and I used to keep a clean house there. Now on the occasional visit it's like the place has been overrun by goons and thugs.

• 

108 Messages

2 years ago

I am working costing the spammers money by notifying the registrant of the link in the image so they will delete the website and the spammer will have to pay to get a new one.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

@dellray I was doing the same thing. Stop-phishing@whoever, no-spam @ whoever. I had a whole list of them. Like I said, it was becoming more work than it was worth. After about six months of doing that, and everything else I thought that might work, I was done. I realized I wasn't making a dent.

• 

108 Messages

2 years ago

@majorwest At this point, I am not receiving more than 2 spams a day and they are linked to different addresses even though, and I am sure, they are coming from the same spammer.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

Maybe Yahoo is starting to get its filtering act together?

• 

108 Messages

2 years ago

@OttoPylot Now how is Yahoo going to sell "Plus" if we don't get more spam?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Having Yahoo Mail Plus does not affect the spam.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.