EMAIL SPAM - What You Can Do To Stop It!
Learn why you may be getting it, how to avoid it, and protect yourself
Who out there loves to be inundated with unsolicited emails? This digital wasteland of mysterious messages clogging your inbox. Also known as SPAM, appropriately named after that mysterious meat-like substance that most want nothing to do within a nutritional diet. Well, if you like SPAM this article is not for you. If you don’t like SPAM like us here in the community forums this article will help you learn how to block/unblock email by sender.
Why are you getting spam?
- Signing up for offers
- Joining mailing lists
- Randomly guessing email list
- And more
How to avoid spam
- Use a different email for online offers
- Don't use your email ID as your user name in forums or chat
- Ask how your email will be used when or read the privacy statements
- Do not reply to spam
- Do not visit sites from spam email
- Check out our How To Avoid Spam section of our spam page for more detailed information
You can block email messages from an unwanted sender. Messages will automatically delete from your inbox, spam, and trash folders. Unblocking is just as easy.
Learn what to look for here.
First, learn how to:
Block an email address
Sometimes it's necessary to block messages from a particular sender. Your AT&T email account makes it easy to block unwanted messages.
Follow these steps to block an email address:
- Log in to your AT&T email account.
- Select the gear icon, and then select Settings from the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Blocked Addresses from the left-hand menu.
- Enter the address you'd like to block in the Add an address field.
- Select the Block button and then select Save. This email address is now blocked, and you will not be able to receive email messages from that address.
Now, learn how to:
Unblock an email address
If you change your mind and want to unblock an email address, it's easy.
Follow these steps to remove an email address from your blocked list:
- Go to the Blocked Addresses page.
- Select the email address you'd like to remove from the Blocked Addresses list.
- Highlight the address.
- Select the Remove button and then select Save. This will remove it from your list of blocked senders, and you can receive email from that address again.
Learn more about blocking and unblocking
- When you block an email address, your AT&T email account will automatically delete messages sent to you from that account.
- You'll never see emails from blocked accounts in your inbox or any other email folders, including Spam and Trash.
- If the unwanted email is coming from your AT&T email account, your account may have been hacked. Learn how to identify and regain control of a hacked, phished, or compromised email account.
Have questions or other concerns?
Phone call/robocall fraud
You can report suspicious and unwanted calls to our Fraud Department at https://www.att.com/support/pages/report-call-or-text.
Please forward the suspicious email to email@example.com.
Text scam/inappropriate text messages
If you receive a suspicious text message, forward it to us. Get step-by-step instructions to report unwanted text messages at https://about.att.com/pages/cyberaware/ni/blog/forward_7726.
AT&T account fraud or unknown charges/transactions
If you suspect you are a target of fraud on your AT&T mobile phone account, you can report it to our Fraud team using the form found at https://attfraud.custhelp.com/app/mobility.
We can only assist with things related to your AT&T account.
For possible fraud on a non-AT&T account, please call the customer service number for that account at the top of your bill.
AT&T DavidT, ChrisZ, and JohnCS