Protect yourself online
ddroll's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 2:00 AM

Yahoo Email

I wanted to share with the ATT community in the hopes that ATT can put pressure on Yahoo to fix their email format. 

Several months ago, they changed their email system and it is a mess.  I can no longer tell what emails have been replied to or the status as they combine all emails with same subject into 1.  And if I want to reply to 1 of the emails in the conversation thread, it ties ALL of them together so that I don't honestly know what is being sent.  

Additionally it is almost impossible to find attachments or figure out what you've read and haven't read.

Yahoo is so horrible now that I have been a customer of ATT email since the beginning of internet, and I am now going to research other options and give up my email address to get away from Yahoo.

If you have similar issues, please also post so that ATT understands how much of an issue this is.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

498 Messages

10 years ago

Turn off "Conversations":

Click the "gear" icon at the upper right.

Select Settings

Select Viewing Email

Uncheck Enable Conversations

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I agree, it is horrible. I didn't like it when they made the change and like it even less now. Almost impossible to find a specific email because it can be lumped in with a dozen others that are a part of the same conversation. Would help if new emails showed up on the date they were sent, rather than the date of the original email that started the conversation.

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@ddroll  - Did you try the steps suggested by @lem3 ?  Seems to be working for others if you haven't given it a try.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks to both of you.  Yes that worked.  

Amazing that I had to go to AT&T forums to get the answer when there are hundreds and thousands of posts on Yahoo, but it doesn't seem like anyone is paying attention or has taken the time to post this.  

Also, Yahoo is apparently acting like Facebook now.  Doing new things and changing your settings without giving you clear direction on what you need to do or how to use it.

Thanks again!!!  Very much appreciated.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

the new screen format with the side bar ads, leaves inadequate width for the entire email message to be seen. any ideas how to remove the right side ad or reduce widths of folders and emails columns.? thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Actually, I know the answer to that (or maybe part of the answer).  

You can temporarily eliminate the side bar ads but positioning your mouse about 1/2 down the ad on the LH side of it looking for the arrow pointing to the right.  Click on that arrow and it eliminates the ad and increases your email box.  

Unfortunately this isn't a permanent fix.  As soon as you go to another email, I believe, the ad comes back so you have to do it again.  For sure when you exit and come back in, you have to do it again. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

If you're using Google Chrome web browser, use an ad blocker extension.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webmail-ad-blocker/
cbhfdchmklhpcngcgjmpdbjakdggkkjp

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adguard-adblocker
/bgnkhhnnamicmpeenaelnjfhikgbkllg

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you Lem3. Your solution worked! Hallelujah!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I sooooo agree with you, Ddroll. Not only is Yahoo email making arbitrary changes to functionality and formatting, but they have become so spammy that I feel pushed into changing internet service providers. Ugh!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

who owns my email?att or yahoo.all i have thru att is email which just went up in price $5 a month.if owned by yahoo why is att charging more.yahoo says you don't hve to view adds on email if you pay for it.i'am paying $17.95 a month for email only,why do i still have the adds?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.