Protect yourself online

AT&T related help: Explore AT&T AntiVirus Plus

Mcafeeless's profile

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 27th, 2022 10:00 PM

When will AT&T fix the Mcafee Security Suite download

I have been trying to download the security suite for months. I have chatted with agents who do not seem to have a clue about the problem. The last one told me to call Mcafee???????????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

The link had been down for ages with each side pointing the finger at each other.  It got fixed a couple of months ago.

Go HERE and log in and you should be offered the download. 

You might get a notice that you don't have "high speed internet or dsl".  It seems that people who should qualify for the free software either had not created an AT&T Email account or they had more than one acct in their AT&T profile.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I have tried the post Many Many times and it is not working.  I tried 4 different browsers along with clearing cache etc.

I have called in daily and talked with supervisors (Dare I day Stupidvisors?)  the most recent one stated that I have to PURCHASE it from McAfee??  Now What??

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

No. It is not fixed:

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

It looks fixed to me.  YMMV.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

You are showing a screenshot of your McAfee account. If you already have McAfee installed it will show up there. For anyone attempting a new install they will start at this link which is the broken one:

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

That's wrong.  I don't have it installed because it's a horrible piece of software.  That screen is where I end up after clicking the button in your screenshot.  That's my AT&T account, not a McAfee screen.

As I've said in many of these threads, something's messed up in the AT&T accounts of people who can't get to the screen I showed, not exactly surprising given what a dumpster fire the whole att.com site has become.

I actually think AT&T is doing everyone a favor by preventing them from downloading this crappy software, even if that wasn't their intent.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah, something is definitely messed up. When I click on McAfee Support on the error page it takes me to the account page you posted a screen shot of. Interestingly, McAfee support has a reference to this issue and there current solution is to install the trial version LOL:

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.