Website Not Working - Help & Solutions from AT&T
Learn what could be causing the website not to load and how to resolve
Are websites not loading? Is your browser running a bit sluggish? Having trouble with att.com? Check out the fixes below to resolve things like:
- Website loading issues
- The dreaded spinning ball or hourglass
- Picture loading issues
- Some gaming issues
- Web Protection services
Please note, if the issue is happening on just one device, it is not related to the internet service. The steps below may resolve this. If the issues persist, contact the browser programmer for more troubleshooting.
Solutions for Website and Browser Issues
- Delete Cache & Cookies - Think of this as housekeeping for the browser. This can clean up old data that may be affecting how your browser loads information. It can also help with some sign-in issues.
- Flush DNS - It may improve how web pages load by clearing out stored domain data. Old data may affect how a webpage loads.
- Disable IPv6 - It may improve browser load times if the page you are visiting is not IPv6-ready. Please note, you may lose certain access to features when disabling IPv6.
In some instances, you can try using an incognito browser. This is a workaround for some issues.
- Internet Explorer InPrivate
- Chrome - Incognito
- Safari - Private Browsing
- Don't see your browser? You can search online for help
Heads Up: We recommend using the latest browsers and updating them regularly. Old browsers may not work with the latest technological updates.
Are you hosting a website?
If you are hosting a website and cannot view it from your internet connection, make sure you have the correct settings. If you do not, you will be unable to view a website that you host or manage. In most instances, we refer our customers to the web host to resolve.
Viruses and Spyware
Viruses and Spyware are dangerous. They slow down your computer and steal personal information to pass along to nefarious individuals. The thing about viruses though, they can mimic slow browse issues because of what they do to your computer. If you notice your webpage is slow to load and the screen locks up, this is not a speed issue, but an issue with the device itself. Sometimes a software or hardware issue is to blame, other times it may be a virus.
Download AT&T's Internet Security Suite and protect your online experience.
Unreaachele sites caused by security vulnerabilities
Software like AT&T's Mobile Security, and other 3rd party security services, can prevent websites from loading. This is because there is a vulnerability that was detected by the service indicating that the website has been rated harmful. To determine if this is the case, visit https://mxtoolbox.com.
- Enter the website
- Wait for the results
- Green checks are what you want to see
- If you see red, contact your WebHost to help resolve the codes
To resolve the vulnerabilities, you will need to contact the WebHost or your web developer. AT&T is unable to assist with items of this nature.
You can also test the site using a Traceroute. If the traceroute goes past the AT&T Network and times out on another server, this is a sign that the website or web host is an issue and confirms the information above.
Other Great Resources
- Supported Operating Systems and Software - You need the right stuff to surf the web!
- Supported Browsers - You need the right browser to surf the web.
- Learn About Web Browsers - Learn about browsers.
Check out our Support Center!
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.