Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Protect yourself online
J

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, March 31st, 2021 12:26 AM

Unroll.Me App Password Not Working!!

When I login to Yahoo! Mail from my iPhone, I am prompted to 'generate an app password' for a third party app to access my account (Unroll.Me).  I have the option to "generate manually" or "generate automatically".  I get stuck in a loop (spinning wheel of death) when I click either.  This has been going on for 7 days now.  Please help!  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

3 years ago

To generate an App Password (manually), you have to log on to your AT&T account and generate what AT&T calls a Secure Mail Key.  Info here:

Create a Secure Mail Key - Email Customer Support

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

3 years ago

When you say Generate Manually, can you enter a password?  Have you tried your Secure Mail Key (assuming it allows you to enter it)?

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same here, and whenever I try to generate one manually it takes me to the Yahoo account security screen and the screen won't load, it doesn't have any options to click on to generate a password or manage app passwords, it just says "Preferences: How you sign in" but won't let me click on it.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you! I tried this and it finally worked.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.