Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Need to update email settings?
JSimon's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Mar 10, 2016 11:56 PM

Unmerge subaccounts

I have seen posts about unmerging and keeping your email accounts after cancelling internet service.  The delete account apparently appears next to the member ID only after you have cancelled internet service.  But there are warnings that you need to unmerge the subaccounts before deleting and unmerging the primary in order to keep them.

But how do you unmerge a subaccount.  I don't see a way to delete a subaccount either.  I only see an option to disable it.  So I disabled a subaccount, but I still don't see a way to delete it or unmerge it.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Il y a 6 y

Hi @JSimon,

In order to unmerge the accounts, it has to be done before the account is canceled. After that, the only way to unmerge the accounts is to delete the primary ATT email account. 

These sets should help if the att account itself is still active:

1. Log in to myAT&T with your AT&T Member ID and password.
  2. In the top navigation bar, under myAT&T, select Profile.
  3. Under AT&T Email Accounts, select Account Profile.
  4. In the User Information tab, to the right of your Member ID, select Delete Account.

If you have canceled the account already and ok with the att.net account being deleted, let us know. We can assist with the unmerge. Send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number,  phone number, and email addresses. We may need more information to be able to take any action within our systems.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 6 y

You really have no idea what your own web pages look like.

After logging in, under myAT&T, select Profile, there is nothing called "AT&T Email Accounts" or "Account Profile".

Looking through what actually is there, there are no delete options.

[Please keep it courteous]

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.