For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
awfullyannoyed's profile

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

Monday, June 26th, 2017 1:40 PM

Undeliverables from att.net/yahoo to Comcast

Since late last week, any messages sent from my att.net/yahoo mail to Comcast have come back undeliverable. Connection down?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Questions:

• To a specific comcast.net (or is it comcast.com) email address?
  • Only those email addresses?  Can you send email to yourself?
  • Are you using the webmail or a email client app (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)?
  • Where do you read "connection down"?  Is that part of a bounce message returned as an email to you?  If so what's the entire message since bounce messages have some error code info that might prove useful.

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

Two different comcast.net address in different towns last week and this morning.

I'm using the att mail interface - it that's what we're asking.

"connection" is my word. The error msg is:

554: resimta-po-15v.sys.comcast.net resimta-po-15v.sys.comcast.net 66.163.184.52 Comcast block for spam.  Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000000

These are simple messages to addresses I've sent to for years, and recently.
No attachments in either case. No forwards or otherwise complicated msg.
NOW it's spam?! What the...????
Any help would be appreciated. The msg at that link indicates it's my problem to get my IP removed from Comcast spam block list.

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

Well, apparently I replied to my first msg. Sorry about that. gmail is working fine with comcast and it's MY IP address? Shouldn't all my mail to comcast be bouncing?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

These are simple messages to addresses I've sent to for years, and recently.
Is there anything in that email content, including any links, that could even remotely, by the widest stretch of your imagination, be possibly considered questionable or "spam-like"?   This kind of automated censoring can be frustrating.

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

Didn't even use texting jargon, as I don't text. These are little ol' ladies like me, we're arranging to go to he MN Arboretum. I've written hotter messages to my daughters on comcast. Only the link to the Arboretum which I've used/sent before for years!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

As an experiment try sending a "dummy" message with something like "This is a test to see if I can send to you." to see if that gets through.  It's hard to believe comcast would block all email from att.net.  But then again, it is the competition. Man Frustrated

On the other hand, I did a little searching and found this in the yahoo forums - no solution.  Seems the problem is not unique to you.

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

I sent the test msg about an hour ago, hasn't bounced yet.Keeping fingers crossed it was temporary.
The other cases were just from May this year.Something seems to be going on....or just starting.Thanks so much!!

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

The test message never bounced, I've only had a few emails to Comcast address since, but they were received and answered. I didn't have to jump through any unblocking hoops with Comcast. If you intervened, thanks!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.