AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Protect yourself online
johneschuma's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Apr 30, 2019 1:31 AM

unable to receive email to att.net email account

I'm unable to receive email to att.net email account.  I can log in, and send but I can't receive. Replied email comes back as invalid email address.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 years ago

Using the webmail or an email client app? 

If it's with using a email client can you send an email to yourself with the webmail or do you get the same error?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm using web for email.  If I send email from att.net to a yahoo account it will send it without any issues.  I if reply from yahoo to att.net it comes back as invalid email account.  I can send myself an email from att.net to att.net.  It's in the sent folder but it never show in my inbox.  For some reason it looks like ATT has marked my email as invalid.  Which isn't a surprise since I haven't used it for years.  Knowone at ATT seems to know how to make it valid again

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 years ago

With both an att account and yahoo account things get "murkey" (to me anyway).  So this is where I throw up my hands and say call the Digital Assistance Center (877-273-2728) and see if they can figure it out.  IMO the att and yahoo accounting is very "fragile" and having both kinds of accounts may be what's confusing things.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This is incredibly frustrating.  I'm experiencing the same issue.  I'm logging in to my AT&T email through the web at att.net, able to successfully login, send emails.  However, when I am not receiving any emails.  When I try to email my AT&T address from my Gmail, I get an error stating 'Delivery Failure.  Address not found.  Your message wasn't delivered to xxx@att.net because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive email.'

I called the Digital Assistance Center, but the automated system keeps sending me to topics that aren't related.  

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 years ago

@skatchi 

I'm logging in to my AT&T email through the web at att.net, able to successfully login, send emails. However, when I am not receiving any emails.

What happens when you compose and send an email to yourself from the att/yahoo webmail?  In the Compose what does From say?  And if that is correct what happens when you send that test email?   Do you recieve that test email?  For the gmail is the To: email address your correct att email address?

If the From in the compose in the test mail to yourself is not correct then you need to fix your reply-to in the webmail settings.  If it was correct and you successfully sent but did not receive the test email then that's a mystery.  Similarly if you got an error doing that send like with the gmail test.

Like most mysteries with stuff that doesn't make any sense with att/yahoo email try changing you account password as an attempt to fix the problem.  The fact that you can log into the webmail means this  probably won't change anything.  But, hey, yahoo is involved, might as well grasp at straws. Man Frustrated

The above is sort of a general response to what you described as your problem.  I didn't notice until after I posted it the this thread started with From and To are att and yahoo email addresses.  My attempt to reply to problems with those are earlier in this thread.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had the exact same problem.  I called the digital assistance center ***** - then press 3 - and explained I could send fine, but couldn't receive.  They escalated the ticket to the "back office" level 2, who needed to fix the mailhost.  They said things like "missing webhost to yahoo"  not sure if that will help you or not. I think the migration from att to yahoo didn't complete so they had to go in and set a setting. I had to call them 3 times to follow up but finally got an email from the tech team who was testing the issue and it's now working. Once I told the guy on the phone that if he tried to email my email he would see the error msg it was fixed shortly after that.  I got it fixed this month so hopefully you can too.  Best wishes

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.