AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Protect yourself online
M

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 17, 2020 4:52 AM

Closed

Unable to Access @att.net email account

Hello,

I am reaching out on behalf of my grandparents who have an @att.net account.

They created this email account with their Uverse service a while ago. They now no longer have AT&T as their service provider but the email is still active. 

However, it seems that the "Secure Email Key" thing has gone into effect on their account. I am able to sign into their account with OAuth supported mail clients but not a non-supported one, in their case Outlook. 

So I have been trying to get a secure mail key for them via the article but whenever we try to log in it says it cannot log in, and throws an error. Now it is asking to have the password reset but all of the password reset tools throw an error when I enter their information.

When I try to login through Yahoo site it redirects me to Att, and get the errors above. 

So my first question is, who manages the emails for @att.net now? Should I be able to log in through yahoo? How do I log in to this account?

This is overall just really poor service and a poor and mismanaged email transition on ATT/Yahoo's part.  

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Email Not Working - Troubleshooting Information from AT&T

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.