dshah73's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Oct 14, 2020 4:36 PM

Trying to report a possible email hack

I rec'd the following message on my AT&T email account at 12:58am EDT:

Hello,

You recently talked with someone at AT&T or told us online you forgot your User ID. As you requested, here's the User ID information for your AT&T online account(s). To sign in, enter the User ID for the account you want to view. 

AT&T Access ID: 
[email scrubbed] 

AT&T Email: 
[email scrubbed] 

Your privacy is important to us. If you feel you have received this message in error, please call us at 800.288.2020. 

We value your business and look forward to serving you. 

Thanks for choosing us,
AT&T 

Since I hadn't made this request, I called the 800# to report it and was ultimately connected to the Global Fraud Dept. They said they couldn't help me. Is there anyone more direct that can provide assistance or guidance?

Posting in the Community Lounge since there are no Forum specifically dedicated to email issues.

Thanks!

Official Solution

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.9K Messages

2 y ago

That’s a scam email ignore it don’t click any links

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

Thanks--definitely didn't click on any links. However, it does appear to be legit. When I hover all the embedded links, they all go to att.com.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

An update to this situation...it is clear to me that someone is trying to access my email account b/c I have rec'd the same email on 10/14/2020, 11/2/2020, and today 11/6/2020. All the emails originate from AT&T Account Management <[email scrubbed]> and are stamped with the code: CPRU_X029EH at the bottom of the email. If there's someone who can help me escalate this so that it is truly addressed, I would greatly appreciate it. Trying to navigate the 500 phone trees when you call the 800# listed is a huge waste of time and usually someone disconnects me (also, they don't know how to deal with my situation since I only have an AT&T email address and not an account for phone or internet services). If this is a fraudulent email, I would like verification, as it appears all the embedded links do go to att.com (haven't clicked but can see when you hover over the URLs).

Thank you.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.