Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Need to update email settings?
mmodeUser's profile
mmodeUser
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 3:07 AM

"Switch to the newest att.net mail" no longer working

I am an "AT&T Yahoo Mail" subscriber. My email address belongs to the Pacbell domain. I have AT&T DSL internet. I can manage my email either via mail.yahoo.com or mail.att.net, using a username and password that are managed via the AT&T website. Typically, my email is displayed in the "Newest att.net mail" GUI, including rich-text functionality, keyboard shortcuts, etc. About a week ago, a problem began to occur: When I would access my email in the normal way (typically via mail.yahoo.com), it would display in the Classic GUI instead of the "new" GUI, and I needed to click "Switch to the newest att.net mail" to see the "new AT&T" GUI. I tried this on several operating systems (Linux, Windows, Chrome OS) and with several different browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Chromium), but I could not get my email to open in the "new" format without clicking the "Switch" link.

A day or two ago, the problem worsened: Now, even when I click the "Switch to the newest att.net mail" link, it does not switch. The screen simply refreshes but remains in the Classic view. Again, this happens across multiple browsers and operating systems and with multiple Yahoo-AT&T Email accounts, both Pacbell and other domains. AT&T customer service said this must be a Yahoo problem (claiming that Yahoo is doing "maintenance on its mail servers"), and could not even give me a customer service number at Yahoo to call (let alone warm-transfer me or resolve the issue themselves). Yahoo (when I was actually able to speak with them) said this is an AT&T problem.

What is going on, and will it be resolved?

Thanks!

mmodeUser

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Hi, @gungee. My solution is posted here in the thread. If you click the green "Solved! Go to solution!" button in this thread, you can see it. If your Yahoo Small Business account is ready for the email upgrade, then it should work for you as it did for me. Others here (whose YSB accounts are apparently not yet eligible for upgrade) report that my solution did not work for them.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Il y a 3 y

The "solution" does not work for all as you have noted.  In fact, it is therefore no "solution" at all but just a patch that works for some.

Yahoo is a joke.  I think I'll just forward all to some other mail utility if I can find one worth the time.  If not, I'll bite the bullet and set up gmail.

mmodeUser

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Thanks, @sequoyah101. I'm sorry my solution (quotation marks or not) didn't work for you. My sole motive for posting it here and elsewhere is that it worked for me, so I thought it could be helpful for some if I took the trouble to provide it in as much detail as possible. For me it wasn't a "patch" (all of my other interim solutions were -- like using an IMAP client and spoofing via gmail); it actually worked and has solved the problem completely. Again, sorry it hasn't for you.

I think that in general, problems that have been marked "SOLVED" on Internet forums feature solutions that have worked for some but perhaps not for others. If you or others feel I should delete the solution post (or remove the "solved" tag), please let me know and I'll be happy to consider it.

Have a great holiday!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Il y a 3 y

I guess I don't have Yahoo Small Business Mail.  I have a website through Yahoo Small Business and I pay some ridiculous monthly amount for that website.  But when I go to Yahoo Small Business I get stuck trying to log in using my standard email and password.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Do you know how to add a link in the Basic email?  I'm stuck here without decent email until this problem gets resolved.  

mmodeUser

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Hi, @gungee.

Your Yahoo Small Business account will have a separate username and password from your personal AT&T/Yahoo email account. If you don't remember the password (or perhaps even the username) for your Yahoo Small Business account, use the "Forgot Password?" link. It will text a recovery code to your phone or send an email to the email address you provided as a recovery resource when you signed up for Yahoo Small Business.

Unfortunately, there is no way to insert a link, or graphics, or anything but plain text when using the "Basic" AT&T email interface. The only thing you can do is to put the URL that you wanted to link in parentheses, like this: "Log on to the AT&T forum website (https://forums.att.com)."

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Il y a 3 y

I found a temp fix (workaround) this morning by accident, tell me if it works for you.  Try typing in mail DOT yahoo DOT com / neo / launch ? action = compose # mail (with no spaces).  It takes me to an compose new email template (with my full featured/saved signature) in the "newest att.net" format with the option to go to all my folders and even switch between Yahoo and legacy account.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 3 y

This works for me!   Thank you!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Yay!  Worked for our office too...wonder when the real fix will come lol

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Il y a 3 y

None of the other workarounds had worked for me, but this one did!  Thank you!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Excellent.  I was about ready to forward all my AT&T emails to gmail, but I think this works well enough for now. -m

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Thanks so much! This worked for me. You’re a legend.
Big relief to have my email working.

##- Please type your reply above

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Someone found a temp fix (workaround) by accident, tell me if it works for you.  Try typing in mail DOT yahoo DOT com / neo / launch ? action = compose # mail (with no spaces). mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?action=compose#mail ...  It takes me to a compose new email template (with my full featured/saved signature) in the "newest att.net" format with the option to go to all my folders and even switch between Yahoo and legacy account. Credit to the guy that discovered this... I am just reposting what worked for me too!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 3 y

How do you know what your small business accout is?  Never know that I have it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Is there a way to find out what my Yahoo Small Business Account might be?  Never know that I have such account.

Call Yahoo Small Business Account and they are no help at all.  On the phone for 4 hrs with them and still not resolved.  Very frustrated.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.