Protect yourself online
ilobet's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 6th, 2016 2:15 AM

suddenly cannot access sbcglobal mail I've used for 13 years

Hi, suddenly my password is not accepted for my Sbcglobal mail. I didn't have a phone number attached, or at least it is not accepting my cell phone number. Whatever security questions I've instituted, I'm only too happy to answer them, but I cannot access the questions. Yahoo mail says it doesn't recognize my last name! I would be so sad to give up this account. It has been the one steady email I've had as work emails have come and gone.  

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

8 years ago

Hello, @ilobet!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your password isn't being recognized. We'd be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two busienss days. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately I have not gotten any help with this at all since I was hacked on 7/4/16. It's been a real hardship. I know that important business and personal relationships have been damaged, and professional opporunities missed, because I cannot get in and see who is writing to me. 

I've had several contacts with ATT via email, forums, telephone and have not yet spoken with anyone who offered a solution. I have offered to verify my identity 7 ways to Sunday. On one phone call, a representative said that if I went to an AT&T store and verified my indentity, they might be able to get me in. I'm asking little; all I want is to see who has written to me since 7/4 when I was hacked. But when I went into the store they had never heard of such an idea. When a nice salesperson made a phone call on my behalf, and got through to a higher level ATT rep, they also said they could do nothing. 

So a victim of hacking apparently has no recourse. You just lose everything. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.