Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
Veridical's profile

5 Messages

Saturday, February 24th, 2024 12:02 AM

secure home network

Many people now have home networks and would like to be able to access our home security cameras in a secure manner.  My sytem wants to do that via DynDNS but it seems your 5268AC FXN is at least 8 years old.  /////////////////////////////When will ATT show some concern with my security and address this problem with a new router for Fixed Wireless service?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

2 months ago

The 5268AC, when used with Copper or FTTP installations, can do DMZplus, which is essentially the same thing as IP Passthrough.  However, when used with Fixed Wireless, the 5268AC cannot be put in DMZplus mode.

With Fixed Wireless you do not have a Public IP address assigned to you.  It's not really a short coming of the Gateway, it's the entire FWA network architecture.

5 Messages

2 months ago

So besides not being able to use my own security with the 5268AC; i can change the password of the router and the system administrator (ATT) can override my password; i am only allowed to download system logs one page at a time; while the admin can download the whole file at once: The admin can access the router at any time without my permission.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

2 months ago

Sounds like you've got a handle on the situation.  If you don't like how AT&T handles your Internet connection with them, feel free to use the competition.  Starlink maybe?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.