AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Protect yourself online
IggyDad's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Apr 22, 2015 12:33 AM

Search email tool in Yahoo email not working

The Search email tool in Yahoo email for my ATT account is no longer working. It does not find emails from senders that are clearly in my "In Box," and does not find key words either. It does not work if I am using Chrome v. 42.0 or Internet Explorer 9. Advanced earch does not work either. It either returns no results, or a cople of random emails from the past day or two.

This worked fine until recently, but something changed in the past couple of weeks and this essential feature is no longer functioning.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Same here.  

When triaging the issue, I first confirmed the email address, the subject, and the content within the email.  I searched on all 3... and emails since 8/8th were not coming up within the results.  This happened on my phone and on the computer. I tried IE and Chrome on the PC.

It's crazy that we aren't given a heads up about this.  I spent an hour searching for an email - knowing I received it.  I kept searching various email accounts and various criteria.  It was ONLY found later by accident... as I happened to scroll through the messages.

AND so I flagged/starred the emails so I can easily retrieve them.  And guess what?  The emails are NOT found under the folder for Smart Views, Starred.

Not happy!

Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is quite frustrating l also cannot search beyond 2 days l have tried contacting yahoo to solve the problem, has anyone had the issue resolved.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having the same issue. It started today when I changed to show previews to the right of the email list. Clearly a Yahoo! issue. I have the premium service (if you want to call it that - 19.99/year) and still have no customer support contact ability. Could be time for a change...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Did you find a solution ? Mine has not been working for three months and very soon I will lose a lot of money by missing something

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

I think mine just started working again, hope so, seems I'm getting retrieval. If you read the whole post and comments, you'll see different people as customers on different systems, have had varied experiences - some favorable, some just frustrating and disappointing. The worst are those using it for home office businesses. Sounds like you're one of those. I would continue posting here as some have found the info of others helpful. Good luck!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Stevechamber, I went back to my August emails to see if they were searchable now. Yes, they are searchable now. I cannot tell you what the solution is. I can only share with you what I triaged earlier in my posting.

I did however check to see if search feature was working now for me. And it is working with current emails. If you would like me to specifically triage something for you, let me know.

Good luck!
Ingrid
Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

7 years ago

There was a user who posted problems with reading mails in her in box. I realize this is not the issue you are having, but please, bare with me.

The remedy turned out to be something completely unrelated, and in fact, may have had not a thing to do with the origional issue.

However, they went into their settings, and enabled conversations, hit okay, and their e-mail accout refreshed (reset) and the account resumed working normally.

My theory (and it's my own guess, not anything i can verify) is that any change (and you can always set it back if you don't want the change permanetly) causes the acount reset, and makes the account work again.

I can't verify this is an actual remidy, but it is also harmless, and MIGHT actually work. And as i already said, you can change the setting back to what they were, before you changed them. I am more thinking the refresh might be the key than any settings you change..

Good luck, hope it works for you.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

You knowwwww... Tigereyze209, I did eventually change to view by grouped conversations. Nice call out 😎

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry what do you mean by specifically triage ? My search has not been working for about 6 months causing serious problems which will get worse . I get eamils going back about 2 or 3 months and that is it

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.