AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Protect yourself online
jangroshan's profile
jangroshan
Rising Star
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Sun, Apr 26, 2015 12:04 AM

Pacbell.net email address

I have had a pacbell.net email address forever. I am thinking of leaving ATT and going to a cable internet provider. I understand I won't be able to SEND email via pacbell.net, but will I still be able to receive email addressed to my pacbell.bet address?
formertc

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

You would be able to send and receive with that email. Just because you cancel you still get access to it as a free email address
jangroshan

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

ATT says if we cancel their service we would lose the pacbell email address. I'm very confused!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Did this ever get answered authoritatively?  

I am in the same situation and get conflicting answers as to whether or not I will be able to keep my PacBell.net email address if I switch from ATT DSL to Comcast cable.

Thanks for any clarification,

Robert

jangroshan

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

Since switching from ATT to Time Warner Spectrum I've had no issue with my PAC bell.net email address.
_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

You can keep using your att email account (that includes grandfathered email domains like pacbell.net, sbcglobal.net) even when you are no longer an att customer so long as you left in good standing (no outstanding charges).

In section 5 of the Terms of Service it says:

When you cancel your Service, your account ID email address will remain active, as will all email subaccounts you have created. The email accounts may be accessed from the att.net Web site.

----

Gee, for a minute it thought this was a cross posted topic since I just got done answering almost the same question from another poster.

Update: Oops, just noticed that poster posted in this thread too!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.