We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
The best prices for our Military families
Protect yourself online
texgeekboy's profile
texgeekboy
20th Community Anniversary
Helpful 1
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

Mon, Dec 27, 2021 1:36 PM

Outlook 2021 for att.net pop on Win11

My main laptop is running outlook 2019 for my att.net account under Win10ProX64.  I use the oauth password and pop servers (inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net) with the recommended settings and have had no problems.  I first started using att.net 3 months ago.  I tried to set it up on a secondary PC, running the same Windows/Office software, and could never get it to work, but never pursued a solution.

I have a new laptop running Win11Pro and have installed MS Office 2021.  The att.net imap server (inbound.att.net) is not accepting either my att.net account or oauth passwords.  I saw some blurb on the att site about oauth not working for outlook 2019, but I'm pretty sure that's how I have it set up on the old laptop.

I am using the imap settings with the oauth password on my iphone and ipad.

Please, please tell me what I need to do.  I'm a 40+ year computer professional, so please respond appropriately.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

11 months ago

Did you obtain a new Secure Mail Key for your new application?

texgeekboy

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

11 months ago

I didn't think I needed to, since the first one worked on win10 and outlook, as well as apple mail on ipad and iphone.  I just did obtain a new secure mail key, and got the same result.  So, no joy.

BTW, thanks for the prompt reply.

texgeekboy

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

11 months ago

It is now fixed.  When I created the first oauth key it was for the wrong att.net id.  When I retraced my steps, I saw that and did it correctly.  All is good.  Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.