Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Protect yourself online
CatladyDane's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Thursday, May 4th, 2017 7:57 PM

One of 3 mailboxes failed in Outlook 2010, 2 failed in webmail

I HATE webmail!! I had 3 mailboxes in Outlook 2010. Two were bellsouth.net, one att.net. I've had these for years and they all worked just fine. Recently one of the bellsouth.net mailboxes ceased to work. I verified all settings. I deleted it from Outlook and attempted to add it again, getting the following errors when testing settings:

"Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.

Send test e-mail message: Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance."

I correctly followed your online instructions in detail, multiple times, to add the mailbox again, with the same result. So I tinkered with the IMAP and other settings in every imaginable combination. Still failure.

Then I went into webmail to see if the mailbox was working there. One of my bellsouth.net mailboxes is accessible there; the other is not, nor is the att.net mailbox (my newest). When I try to log in to those I get a box that says my ID is locked and that I must reset password. When I click on the reset password link I get a pop-up that tells me I'm being redirected to att.com, which doesn't happen--the pop-up just remains until I cancel it.

I went into manage sub-accounts, where it told me I had no sub-accounts.

So how do I add the now-extinct mailbox back to Outlook? And why am I unable to get to that one and the att.net mailbox in webmail? Previously I could. (Sometimes accessing a mailbox in webmail cleared a problem it was having in Outlook.)

I really NEED my email to work properly! I depend on it for billing, jobs, and other important information. Fortunately the mailbox that went down was not my primary!

Ever since AT&T connected with Yahoo there have been intermittent unpleasant issues.

Also, I access email ONLY from my computer--no phones, tablets, etc.--so multiple devices is not the issue.

Community Support

• 

232.8K Messages

7 years ago

Hey @CatladyDane,

We have sent you a private message and look forward to working with you to get this sorted.

ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.