Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Protect yourself online
SpenserHarris's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 11th, 2015 3:16 PM

Now bad packet loss and customer service

I have talked to several people at att and they all tell me same thing. Your packet loss isnt our problem because your upload and download speeds are great. This angers me because of its lack of being true. Packet loss is infact a very important factor in gaming and after browsing the forms for over an hour now here is a quote that i think is my problem.

I suspect that the problem is in the offices or trunk lines...   It they cannot handle the aggregate traffic they drop packets...   This is considered a recoverable TCP problem, since the acknowledgement will indicate the dropped packet.    However, when the loss rate gets high, it impacts throughput and causes resets.    Fix is for AT&T to increase their network bandwidth.   I've seen increasing problems with streaming video like ESPN3...   Used to work great, now is intermittent.

That is from another post. Ive had terrible packet loss for over  2 months now. 3 phone calls and a technician came out and told me basically that he saw my high ping and packet loss (usually 30-400 ping very jittery) and my 6-10% packet loss and said he would get an engineer out to fix it who never showed up. If there is anything to do to fix these problems please let me know before i switch to charter. Thanks!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @SpenserHarris 

Is it with DSL or U-verse service? What kind of plan do you have?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi Spencer,

Where are you located? I am in the Dallas Texas area and experiencing downtime due to packet loss as well. I think I have isolated my problem to a device in AT&T's datacenter but have no way of letting them know. The device's IP address is:

I am a Systems Engineer by trade and certified by Cisco and Microsoft in IT networking. Support in India telling me to "reboot my computer" will not resolve this issue. ATT-2015-05-04_18h24_02.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.