Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Protect yourself online
K

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 26th, 2021 2:33 PM

No Option to Generate App Password in Account Security

I've been trying to link my e-mail to Fetch Rewards (an app), but whenever I try to generate an app password I can only assume I not getting the entire page for Account Security. The only thing that pops up is a box titled "When I Sign In," but there is no link to click it or anything else that generates on the page except for the options on the left hand side (Personal Info, Account Security, Recent Activity, Preferences, AT&T Account Settings and Help).  I have tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox with no success.  I tried to call AT&T assistance, who told me they couldn't help me and that it should be working.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

3 years ago

@knay929 , @lindzh , @trmcduck_123 , @staceyamoney 

This is the story I've been given, and I was heading down this same path myself:  What Yahoo calls an App Password, AT&T calls the Secure Mail Key.  You cannot get it from the Yahoo profile page, but instead from the AT&T profile pages.  Link about this is here:

https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1240308

As far as I know, this is only published as being for E-mail Clients that don't support oAuth, but scuttlebutt says it should work for this as well.  Give it a try.  Let us know.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

You need to contact Fetch, sounds like their issue.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have and it’s not their issue.  AT&T won’t allow me to log in without this generate app password.  I’ve tried.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problem with another app.  It is not the app, it is AT&T.  How can I see the full account security for my email account?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem and I've wasted way too much time trying to figure it out!  Following.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

It is absolutely ridiculous that this company won’t answer this question or fix the problem. I’ve tried setting up an app password on my phone, iPad and a non-Apple laptop and it doesn’t work anywhere!!

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I agree @trcduck_123.  I did figure out a workaround.   I downloaded Outlook Express (app on my phone), and added my @att.net email there, to NOT use yahoo.   As soon as I did that, I went to Fetch, added my email address/password as an outlook account instead of yahoo and it worked without an issue.  @knay929 you might try that too. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

3 years ago

1) This is not Customer Support.  This is a user forum.  Unless a user has experience with your particular experience, they're not going to respond.

2) From the descriptions written here, it sounds like an issue with a third party app.  I'm not sure why you expect AT&T to fix it for you in the first place.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have used the work around, however it still does not register my Walmart and Target online purchases.

The issue is when you speak with customer service they do not have any idea regarding the generate app password option.  I’ve called three times and neither person had any idea.  They could only tell me to try different browsers, which I already had.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

3 years ago

I think I understand now.  You're trying to generate an API key for a 3rd party app to be able to log in to your e-mail account?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.