For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
jwaschbisch's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 1:25 AM

My new GoDaddy Hosted website is not accessible from AT&T customers

A few weeks ago I began work on an e-commerce website for my brother.  I am using the opencart CMS system, GoDaddy is hosting the site.  I am a time warner customer and have had no trouble accessing and working on the site.  I asked my brother to take a look at the progress (U verse subscriber) and his browser just hangs, eventually returning a 404 or DNS error page.  I was skeptical that it was his connection alone so I've been trying it from every AT&T hotspot or friend's house with AT&T and they ALL can't view the site.  I've even used a AT&T DSL at a local business connection and had the same results.  From my brother's house I can access the site through a proxy server just fine.  What about the site dosen't AT&T like that the other providers do? I've tried Sprint - worked, Time Warner - worked.  Could someone please help me figure this out.  Thanks in advance.  The site is http://shop2wayradioparts.com

Guru

• 

498 Messages

9 years ago

Your first step should be to confirm with GoDaddy that they aren't blocking access to the site from AT&T addresses. It's easy to misconfigure a server when setting up a new website.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

After talking with Godaddy support in the wee hours this morning..I'm convinced that this is a issue with AT&T. The connection trace will show a time out after the 3rd hop meaning there is a server problem close to me in my area. Also the tech from Godaddy said due to the fact I can reach the site through a proxy server verifies that this is a local AT&T server issue, most likely close by. 

Any suggestions?

Guru

• 

498 Messages

9 years ago

I'm not convinced, but that's no longer relevant.  It's working for me now.

I guess sometimes you just have to stir the pot a bit...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I actually have the exact same problem happening to me.  I have a domain hosted by namecheap.com and suddenly my parents AT&T DSL is unable to reach it.  I have opened a ticket with Namecheap but I don't see them being the issue since it works fine from other broadband and 4g/LTE connections.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Who can I talk to from AT&T for help.  When they contacted AT&T DSL support they just gave them unhelpful suggestions like updating their Outlook version or doing Windows updates, etc.  This is with all devices in the house but support couldnt seem to understand it.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Thanks,

Bill

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.