For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
hocktom's profile

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 3:24 PM

My calendar has stopped sending reminders

My Yahoo/ATT calendar has stopped emailing reminders.  I've tested it several times, and I've checked the settings and checked the spam folder, and neither of these basic troubleshooting steps suggests what's wrong.  This is a major problem for me because I rely on that calendar and often set reminders to pop up a week or more ahead of some events to make sure I'm prepared. 

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

9 years ago

BUMP!  This is a major problem for me.  I already missed a reminder to stop taking a medication before surgery.  So this isn't happening to anyone else, just me?  I haven't changed anything to make it start, and I've checked everything in the troubleshooting guides to make it stop.  What would make my calendar not send emails?  If they were flagged as spam, why wouldn't I see them in the spam folder?  Can someone help me here?

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

9 years ago

BUMP - so I'm not the only one.  Can no one help?

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the same problem, Yahoo calendar has stopped sending me reminder emails. I have checked all settings and have even deleted calendar events and reentered them. Nothing seems to work.

I have been using Yahoo calendar for over 5 years and this is the first time I have had problems.

I hope this can be resolved.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

I have called att about this several times.  I was told by various reps and managers that they too experience this glitch and that this problem has been referred to Yahoo engineers to fix.  All I can say is they are taking their sweet time addressing this issue.  IMO ATT has demonstrated NO urgency in getting this fixed.  Perhaps they need more competition?  

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

If this is a problem many of you are having, you guys have to take it up with Yahoo. AT&T doesn't make/test the features in your mail account. This is all done by Yahoo.

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry Darknessrise, but you are neither helpful nor correct.  I called AT&T the first of last week, and they told me the same thing they told tahoedave -- that the fault was with their system, that they were aware of it, and that their engineers were working on it. When I asked how long they expected it to take, the representative said about 24 hours. This was obviously a meaningless, canned answer because, as I pointed out to them, they've had about six weeks to correct this "known" problem already.  Nevertheless, they never suggested it had anything to do with Yahoo, my settings, or anything else other than AT&T.

Also, if you will check with Yahoo help, you will find that AT&T customers are directed to seek help only from AT&T regarding email-related issues.  Yahoo will not help us.

Since I called AT&Tin the middle of the holidays, I'm going to give them a couple more days and then I'm going to start trying again, especially since I've gotten no help here whatsoever. Except for this latest bad advice, I've only heard from other customers with the same problem.  No AT&T reps have even commented on these posts.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

I'm sorry you feel that way.

As you had pointed out, AT&T provides support for AT&T Yahoo! Mail. However, the actual product is ran by Yahoo. AT&T provides support and account managment for the Yahoo product. Yahoo is the one who manages and creates the actual mail product. The AT&T Yahoo! Mail system is just a reskin of every other Yahoo offering and they all for the most part share the same features.

All AT&T can do in this situation is take the feedback and if it's a highly reported problem, they report it to Yahoo who then has to fix it themselves. If AT&T is aware of the issue and has submitted it to Yahoo, then you must wait until they fix it. If you have reported it and they know about it, it's nothing both you and AT&T can do. It's a waiting game on Yahoo.

I assume you have already looked at this?

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3854.html?impressions=true

You can contact AT&T Customer Care by clicking on this link. You can report the issue to them, but you're likely to be told that it's being worked on.

I mentioned contacting Yahoo to report the issue just to give it a try since they're the company that is working on it, but the actual Yahoo support won't be able to resolve anything able since as you experienced, AT&T is the one who provides the support.

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I checked Yahoo help as soon as I noticed the problem, and I went through the settings, etc. That's when I discovered that Yahoo will not provide support to AT&T customers with email problems.  I already knew that the actual service provider was Yahoo, but that doesn't do me any good.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

If the name AT&T is on something, like it is with ATT-Yahoo, then AT&T should take ownership and kick some butt over at Yahoo.  I was told the last time I spoke with an AT&T rep several days before Christmas that this isssue had been escalated to the point where the CEO's of the two companies had discussed the matter.  It must have been a topic of great amusement as NOTHING has been done to fix the problem.  I for one do not appreciate the constant attempts by AT&T to deflect responsibility, nor am I impressed with Yahoo's total lack of response to this issue. 

I will also point out that It is dismissive replies like that of Darknessrise that make this forum less effective and trusted than it could be.

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

9 years ago

I wouldn't call it "dismissive."  It was just misinformed.  He's right that it's Yahoo mail, but Yahoo is not the place to look for help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.