Keeping @swbell.net Email Account and (5) Subaccounts after Uverse Internet Cancellation
To Summarize my situation:
- I am a current Uverse internet customer
- I have 1 main and 5 subaccounts with @swbell.net
- All 6 accounts are accessible through the att/Yahoo mail page. For email setup, my POP/SMTP servers are inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net.
- I plan to cancel my Uverse internet
- I want to continue to use the 6 emails @swbell.net after the cancellation
- There is not an option to delete email that is referenced in the Unmerge instructions
- I have a lot of confusing calls with support and online forums
- Based on feedback from support last night I changed my att member ID from my @swbell.net email to a new gmail, but my MemerID under account still shows the swbell.net email.
I need step by step instructions to ensure I will have access to my 6 emails after the cancellation. Please review the background below, before directing me to a link that I have already exhausted!
I have spoken with support on the phone (3) Three times with different explanations as to what to do.
- One said I should still be able to access my accounts after cancellation, no problem, nothing I needed to do. I still felt uneasy, did some googling, and got mixed answers.
- So another support call, and they said I needed to unmerge my account ID with my Yahoo email, and sent me instructions.
I do not have the Delete links described on My Profile page where I am supposed to be able to delete accounts from my ATT account. I do not see that option. I can disable email accounts, but then I loose access to those emails. Delete at this point seems a bit scary as well. More googling, more confusion....
- I called to confirm what I needed to do, and the third support person did not understand the question and kept checking with someone. They finally said I would not have access to my 6 emails accounts after cancellation, and did not know what I could do. She kept going back to why I wanted to cancel. Was that support or sales I was speaking to?
The Terms of Service suggest I will lose my access to my emails if ATT terminates the service, but does this also apply if I cancel?
I have read through many posts, and the results seem to be varied, which I suspect is changing policies overtime.
Some people have no problem, and some loose access after 60-90 days.
Some lose the ability to access their ATT account online, and cannot manage email passwords, but still have access.
I have read through these posts most recently in the forum, and many others
The most recent post: Keep sbcglobal.net after cancelling service (Dec 2015)
which points to:
And this one seems to have the most recent info, but I do not have the delete email options that the best answer includes:
Apparently the best answer that kinda fits me Unmerging-Yahoo-amp-AT-amp-T-email-accounts (108 of 129): and 112 of 129
And this person deleted the email and lost all access (something I really need to avoid): 58 of 129
This one seems to be helpful as well 81 of 129
and this one 99 of 129
But I do not have the delete email option: Is this something that shows after I cancel my service?
I need assistance to make sure this is done correctly. I have more than 500 passwords and contacts that reference one of these 6 emails. I am in the process of changing them, but that takes time, I need to make sure the emails are accessible after I cancel.