AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Protect yourself online
tinking's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jun 7, 2016 6:17 PM

Keeping my main and sub @pacbell.net emails

I have two email accounts @pacbell.net.

My main@pacbell.net and and a submain@pacbell.net that I set up for my wife.

We have had these accounts since... pacbell.net was our prvider 😉 ... so close to 15 years?

I will be closing our DSL U-verse account with ATT. We will still have our cell service with ATT though.

Will my wife and I need to change anything in our email client settings? We both use Mail on our Macs and we have our pacbell.net accounts set up on our iPhones... both desktop mail clients and iPhones using IMAP.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My problem outlined above differs in the other issues that I have read in the forums.

1) All relate to logging into the web portal.

- I want to keep my IMAP email client (and my wifes) active on my local computer.

- I do not want to log into the web portal to see my email.

2) All talk about keeping SBCglobal.net email

- I am using the pacbell.net domain.

Will I 1) still have local IMAP access with my email lient of choice and 2) be able to contue ot send and recieve email using @PACBELL.NET?

Thanks

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

6 years ago

Okay, ATT's e-mail service is provided by Yahoo, and with it's impending sale, details could change in the future, BUT, for now at least, the rule of thumb is, you can keep any and all e-mail accounts created while you were an ATT (and subsidiary) internet customer, after closing your account. The only thing is, all outstanding ammounts need to be paid in full, but you should be able to keep using your e-mail accounts for as long as you want to.

Just to avoid future issues, it is sugested that you keep track of your password, in a place you can find it again, if you need it.  

Be sure to set up your security questions, and answers, and again, keep them in a safe place you can find them again, should you need them later.

It is a good idea to make sure you have the secondary recovery e-mail address set up (preferably NOT an att account) so you can get a temporary recovery passwrd sent if you need it.

To my knowledge, the mail clients work just fine using either pop3 or imap protocols.

ALL att domains were standardised to use the same main cliant settings, and assuming you already have them, will continue to work just fine.

Good luck.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the resopnse! 

I'll keep an I open too for if things change once a sale goes through.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.