Protect yourself online
Irritatedjim's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 31st, 2019 11:32 PM

IT is July, 2019, not 2014--HOW to Print CONTACT LIST

IT is July, 2019, not 2014-- I WANT to print my email contacts that are in my SBC GLOBAL email account.  I need to contact my list before I close out this SBC Global account.  Surely someone in recent months (ie 2019)  has wanted to get a list of their contacts from this SBC Global/ATT/YAHOO service that actually has found a way to do so.  I can open my contact list BUT trere is NO "Action" button as apparently was 5 or 10 years ago!  There is no visable "Print" button that would seem to be a logical thing to have when you have a LIST of something?  Surely there is a warmhearted NERD or even a hacker that can show me a successful method to PRINT a CONTACT LIST!   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Not sure of your problem(s) you had but once you get the contacts .csv text file you can edit it any way you want with you favorite text editor besides just printing it.  Good luck.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Surely someone in recent months (ie 2019) has wanted to get a list of their contacts from this SBC Global/ATT/YAHOO service that actually has found a way to do so.

Don't recall anyone who was actually interested in printing their contacts list.  That's probably because there has always been the ability to export/import contacts lists as .csv text files which, if so desired, could be printed like any other garden variety text files.  Most email services have that ability.  Even att/yahoo webmail can export/import.  Up until maybe about a month ago (not exactly sure when) you could export/import in a number of .csv formats like yahoo, outlook. maybe others, don't recall.  But the yahoo UI "experts" redesigned the contacts in att/yahoo weblmail to make it even more crappier than it was before but the export/import is still there.

To export your contacts list, now only in yahoo .csv format, click the 3 horizontal dots near the top of the contacts list to bring up a popup menu which will include the export command.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your reply. I really did not expect to get a response! I rethought your comments and decided to try the download method. Hit the button and rewrote the title, tapped go and watched the bar move across the form. It slowed and stopped at about 80% complete, never to move again!! I probably don’t need a printout but I could line out those addresses I don’t want. But hey, I’m just an old guy who grew up with paper. I’ll just wait for my son to come over! 🤤

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.