For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
unknowing's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 11th, 2018 1:36 AM

Closed

I have lost the new ATT Yahoo email version

I have lost the new version of ATT yahoo email.  Am left with basic black and white which is hard to read for long.  How can I get the new version back? 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Clarification - refer to "new" version as one that let me: 1) insert web link (e.g., reference publications) into text and 2) signature with company logo and website www.company.com (classic keeps only text, no web link.)

Not sure if what "newest" is. In any case, I will be glad to get both features back and accomplish what we do everyday.

Thanks.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@Pat-in-Houston

The "new" version was previously referred to as "full featured" in the old webmail.  The "classic" was referred to as "basic". The "new" layout is distinctly different from the old "full featured" (colors, some of the layout, etc.).  The classic/basic hasn't really changed much at all.  You know you are in "classic" (basic) if you see, for example, a blue square "Go" button at the top with a popup menu that says "Account Info" just to its left.   A little below that is the "Switch to the newest att.net Mail" if you are using one of the supported browsers.  And that of course is where the problem is that started all this!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

any luck with this? - i too have the same problem and hate the "old" version (legacy att private with linked yahoo small business account)....

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

No, there is no workaround through att.net email to sign in from anywhere and email with signature .

Alternate - use Outlook, and setup the signature etc. accordingly.

Assessment - it is a real pain. Whatever change ATT.net made was inconvenience and a step backward.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Pat,

I have tried all suggestions to get the original ATT email back but none have worked.  Have you had any luck?

Unknowing

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

No luck on getting workaround @att.net.

Alternate - install and use Outlook on laptop. Very disappointing indeed.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

@Pat-in-Houston

I've tried using Outlook in the past, but with the two accounts they created as a result of the Legacy/Yahoo Business account separation, I found it to be a very difficult and detailed process to properly set up Outlook to work and utilize both accounts.  Do you have any suggestions or insight?

My initial reason for doing it was just to create a complete saved backup of my thousands and thousands of old emails (that I need to be able to search from time to time for forgotten details of past business deals) before ditching Yahoo entirely and moving on to Google.  I grew tired of the stepchild status that folks with Legacy accounts receive quite some time ago, and this latest situation has me thinking of trying again to make that full backup happen.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I found a temp fix (workaround) this morning by accident, tell me if it works for you.  Try typing in mail DOT yahoo DOT com / neo / launch ? action = compose # mail (with no spaces).  It takes me to an compose new email template (with my full featured/saved signature) in the "newest att.net" format with the option to go to all my folders and even switch between Yahoo and legacy account.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

fantastic workaround!

How does ATT expect users to figure this out?

mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?action=compose#

Many Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.