Protect yourself online
Educational's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 2:20 PM

I can't send emails

Suddenly, while I can receive email messages on my Outlook, I cannot send any messages.  Nothing has been changed in my Outlook settings, everything worked fine until a few days ago.  Error message says the server has timed out waiting for a response from the POP server. my POP server is AT&T through Yahoo. I phoned AT&T and they passed the buck to Microsoft because I can send and receive messages successfully from Yahoo.  How can I fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Had the same problem.

This procedure should help:

https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1240308

It's really a shame the ATT support folks aren't helping with this issue

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Thanks for the info. I tried this too but still can not get outlook to send mail.  receive still works fine.  Generated the security key but it's not validating it after I enter it in the account.   Very frustrating!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I'm convinced that ATT doesn't have a clue what's going on inside their house.  I've been passed around the world since last Thursday regarding my inability to send emails either from Outlook, Phone X, and now their own ATT or Yahoo webpage servers.

Had Microsoft Level 2 conference a call with ATT's pencil-necked geeks, only to get nowhere.  They're the most insolent, arrogant, IGNORANT buffoons I've ever seen.  Rejects from some ITT Technical College who couldn't get a job at McDonald's if they tried.

Higher-Up's in ATT have no clue what's going on.  They should be in the unemployment line!!!!!  This is totally unacceptable.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

RESOLVED!!!!  Without any help from ATT, either.

Went to Yahoo.com's website and tried entering the email address (.......@yahoo.com) that was serviced there for years and was told it wasn't a recognized email address.  I was then told to tie my email address with another email address associated with yahoo.com

I did and was immediately connected and active again.

Once connected, I tried a test email from Yahoo's site and was successful.

I then went to my Outlook 2013 program and entered the incoming/outgoing instructions provided by Yahoo.  The ONLY difference came with the outgoing directions.  There, I had to input: smtp.outbound.att.net, but all ports, etc. was that appearing on Yahoo's instructions.

One other thing, when setting up the new email address, instead of your regular password, use the Secure Key provided by ATT.  Enter that instead, and be sure to check the SPA box.

I haven't tried testing on ATT's webpage, as it appears to be a mirror of Yahoo's and Yahoo's instructions worked.

I've spent over 30 hours the past 5 days trying to get this rectified.  Even paid $29 to Microsoft, which was refunded today, and had their Level 2 service conference calling ATT's Level 2 in an effort to get this resolved.

Just read ATT revenue dropped in the latest quarter on subscriber losses......small wonder.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Did you get your issue resolved and if so, how?  I"m having the same issue now.  I followed the directions, got the security key but can not send emails but I can receive them fine.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I am SO aggravated !!  For the past three days I have been unable to send email from my bellsouth.net account.  Someone needs to fix this mess!!  I am a 75 yr old grandma who has NO idea what all these suggestions, which don't seem to work, mean.  Outlook, keys, blah, blah blah.  Just fix the  thing!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Did you get it to work?  I am having the same problems with my pacbell.net acct.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Same with me. Did you get it resolved?  IF so, how???

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

No, still screwed up.  I receive email, but still can't send.  Grrrrr  I have no idea what to do about it!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I was finally able to get through to someone and never added the solution, my bad.  He told me to change the password and it should work.  (Actually someone else I talked to said that moght work but wasn’t sure.)  So, I changed the password and it did work.  Mine is an old sbcglobal.net account so if that had not worked, there wasn’t another solution to try.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.