Jump to a forum
Ask a question
Monday, March 19th, 2018 8:53 PM
System keeps asking for my current password. If I knew that, I wouldn't need to reset it.
1 month ago
5 years ago
Hey there @jimb1025,
Having access to your email is definitely a must these days and it’s certainly something we want to make sure you have.
To reset the password for your email, you can go this page. Once there, you can follow these steps to reset your password;
1. Select Password.
2. Enter your full AT&T email address and your last name.
3. Select Continue.
4. From the drop-down menu, select I'll answer my security questions.
5. Answer the security questions you set for your account.
6. Select Continue.
7. Follow the prompts to create your new password.
If you don’t remember your security questions, you can follow these steps to obtain a temporary password;
1. Visit the Forgot Password page.
2. Select Password.
3. Enter your AT&T email address and your last name.
4. Select Continue.
5. From the drop-down menu, select Send me a temporary password.
6. Select how you’d like the temporary password sent to you.
7. Select Continue. Check for the temporary password.
8. Copy the temporary password and enter it in the provided field. Follow the instructions to create a new, permanent password. If you mistakenly close the window, you can use your temporary password one time by going to the myAT&T sign-in page. You will then be prompted to create your new password.
I hope this was helpful! Have a wonderful day!
Isaac, AT&T Community Specialist
2 months ago
There is no drop-down menu. It just asks for security question answers.
My wife's email stopped working and the password we have doesn't work. Can't use master account to reset password. When we select Forgot Password, it says that a security code was sent to the email. We can't get the code because we can't get in. I tried adding a new subaccount and got a message that her account name was available. Still can't sign in.
How can we improve?
No tags available