Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Need to update email settings?
Noros2's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tue, Jun 6, 2017 6:57 PM

how do I make AT&T my home page?

I recently did a refresh on my pc and now I can't seem to make AT&T my home page as it was before. I have tried everything but may be missing something. Can anyone help? I probably shouldn't have did the refresh because now everything is screwed up!!! lol.
Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

Il y a 5 y

which browser?

Firefox click top right corner menu , click options and the first thing pops up is the home page

Internet explorer click tools on the right side ,click internet options, also change your home page there

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

Il y a 5 y

...or more generally, most (I assume all) browsers have settings/options/preferences and included in them should be a place to specify the url of your desired home page.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Il y a 5 y

I have tried that and it will not work. I've known how to that because I've done it in the past. And it's always worked but this time I can't get it to. Like I said, I refreshed my computer and now it won't let me perform this task.
_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

Il y a 5 y

Just to verify.  You set the home page in the browser's preferences/settings/options.  Quit and restart the browser.  Your home page didn't "stick". 

If you check the settings again is the home page you previously set still there?  If not, just to confirm that it didn't stick, change some other settings.  Then quit/restart the browser.  Did any of those changed settings stick?

If these settings are not being saved then it may be you have some kind of permissions problem with your user data on your computer.  You said you just did a "refresh" of your computer (define "refresh") and now "everything is screwed up".  So I suspect whatever is affecting your ability to set options for your browser is also affecting everything else as well.

If this is some kind of permissions problem with your pc I can't help since I use a mac.  It's certainly that case on the mac that if you have a folder or file marked "read only" then it cannot be modified.  I got to assume that's the case in all platforms as well, including whatever platform you are using.  If that is the case, and my theory didn't "spark" some idea, then you would need to ask questions on how to fix it.  But these forums are not the place for that.  That would need to be asked in a forum appropriate to your platform (e.g., if a Micorsoft os then a Microsoft forum).

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.