Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Protect yourself online
abbadagirls's profile

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 16, 2022 10:57 PM

How do I enable WiFi security and how do I disable WiFi ssid display

I have too many people that know the network and password to my wifi but I don't know how to change it. Also, awhile back my router has to b replaced and when I changed them out new one had a different number on it but it indicated it was still under the old ones number. When I got a new tablet it kept saying there was a problem. My daughter said when she signed in on it she had to use the new number and I know I didn't cuz I never changed anything on My phone . I know it sounds confusing. I just need to know what I use to sign into my WiFi. If I know the correct network ( I guess that's what the number is that identifies the wifi) and the password, then only me and my daughter will b on it i don't know how to see if i use the info off of old one or info off of new one and then how to change the password so that only she and I have it. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

2 m مضت

When AT&T ships out a replacement gateway, they will automatically put back your old wifi info when you hook the new one up.  So the wifi name/password should not match the label.

Regardless, HERE is a link that will get you to the place where you can change the SSID and/or the password.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.