How can I restore missing and deleted email? I can’t find my email. Missing Mail Restore Solution
Recover your missing emails
The Missing Mail Restore feature can help recover messages that have been lost or deleted from your email account. It does this by returning your account to how it was at a specific time within the last seven days. You can then access the emails that existed within your account at that time.
When you restore your account, it’s important to know that any emails you’ve received since the restore time will be deleted and not included in the recovery. To make sure you don’t lose anything, back up any important messages sent or received within the last seven days before submitting a restore request.
Back up your emails
You can back up your emails by doing one of the following:
- Forward emails to another email account.
- Print emails or save them as PDFs.
- Save emails to your desktop as a text file.
Restore messages from a hacked account
If your emails were lost due to an account being hacked or compromised, you’ll need to secure your account before attempting to restore your missing emails. Steps on how to troubleshoot and secure your account are found at att.com/hackedid.
Be prepared to sign in to your account when processing request. Get started with your AT&T Missing Mail Restore solution today!
Keep the following in mind:
- Restore requests can't be canceled.
- Restorations aren't always successful.
- Messages can only be restored if lost or deleted in the last 7 days, regardless of when they were originally received.
- Successfully recovered messages are added back to the same folder they were in during the time frame you pick to restore to. Check your Trash folder if you can't find them after the restoration is complete and make sure to move them back to the correct folder to ensure they're not automatically deleted again.
Jared, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.