Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Protect yourself online
mcknightphoto's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 12:56 AM

HACKED because of yahoo/ATT data breech - phone number, security questions, etc. all useless. HELP

Topic says it all. 

My old yahoo account is completely inaccessible. My security questions, phone number, previous I.D. all proving completely useless for accessing account. Repeated attempts to contact yahoo/ATT completely ignored. Totally nable to get-in. Simply "resetting password" not possible. Meanwhile, receiving all the auto-forwarded e-mails from previous account and seeing that I am also being logged in all over Eastern Europe and Asia and can do nothing to stop it. 

h e l p 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Try resetting you password through here.  It will describe two methods of reset; one using your security questions and another to send you a temporary password (though some email address of your choosing - gmail or whatever, or maybe using a text message, don't recall if text is an alternative).  Obviously not knowing the security questions means you need to use the temporary password method.  Once "in" you can reset your security questions.

If you do ever get back in go to your webmail and verify and/or remove suspicious filters and other account settings like forwarding specifications.  Click the gear->settings and from there you can access the Accounts and Filters.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

The account is YAHOO and not ATT. 

It was a merged (from ATT to Yahoo) account from many years ago. I appreciate the response but unfortunately this does not apply to me. 

To anyone else who reads this and has a similar issue, this is where I am at...

Received a link here: https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=home&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

and a private message from Yahoo/ATT staff: 

"I understand how concerning it is to receive the email of someone in another country trying to access your email.  I will be more than happy to help get you the information! With the account being a Yahoo account, you will need to contact Yahoo support and have them help reset your password.  They will be the only ones who can reset it."

None of this works. When I try to use the sign-in helper, I get the following error message code: 

"Something isn't working right. Give it some time and try again. (Error code:652314)"

It happens on 3 browsers (firefox, safari, and chrome). I don't have the account connected to another working e-mail, none of the security questions work, etc. The link they sent is basically useless -  there is no option to "contact yahoo support" as suggested. There is only an endless cycle of links that don't get you direct access to anyone... just a list of topics that aren't relevant to this specific situation. Moreover, when I attempt to use the closest thing I can find to a suggested solution on this extremely circuitous "support" section, I end up back at the sign-in helper with the error code I mentioned at the beginning of this process. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Some things you can try:

1. Call the ATT Digital Assistance Center: 877-267-2988
  2. Send a private message to @ATTU-vserseCare.
  3. Google 652314 on these forums to find many others that have (had?) the 652314 problem.
  4. Similarly stick 652314 into the search at the top of this page to see if anything useful there from its many hits.

My suggestions on what to check in your account if you ever recover it still holds.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.