Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Protect yourself online
promp1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Feb 26, 2018 1:14 PM

EMail

someone got into my EMail and sending out mail how do I change password it is att.net

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4年前

If you think you have been hacked below are my suggestions of what you should do:

• Change your password (and maybe the security questions too, but password is usually "good enough").
  • Log into your webmail and click gear->settings.  In the webmail settings panel you will see a number of commands on the left.  The ones that need checking are Accounts, Filters, and Blocked Addresses.
  • Accounts.  Click that and choose an account to bring up that account's settings panel.  Scroll down the panel to see the Reply-to address and see if it is suspicious.  Blank it out if you don't want that set.  Scroll down further to see the forwarding setting and make sure it is blank or what you want.  When you are done click the Save button to update that account's settings.
  • Filters.  Look for suspicious filters and subtle filter names like '.' (a dot).  Remove them and click the Save button.
  • Blocked Addresses.  Make sure no addresses are defined who's email you don't want blocked.  Click Save to update those settings.
Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.