Protect yourself online
Brianne865's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Friday, January 19th, 2018 7:05 AM

Email questions for Gmail

I've seen on here a couple places where some of the AT&T employees can check or emails to see if it's been hacked or if there's any problems is there any way I could get someone to do this for me and how would I go about doing that because I think if somebody knew who knew what they were doing could check out a few things maybe they can put my mind at rest please somebody help thank you so much

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I've seen on here a couple places where some of the AT&T employees can check or emails to see if it's been hacked or if there's any problems is there any way

Unless you supply someone at att with your password even employees have no right and no way of accessing your email.  But here's some things you should and can do yourself:

• Change your password.
  • Log into your webmail and clear gear->settings.  In the webmail settings panel you will see a number of commands on the left.  The ones that need checking are Accounts, Filters, and Blocked Addresses.
  • Accounts.  Click that and choose an account to bring up that account's settings panel.  Scroll down the panel to see the Reply-to address and see if it is suspicious.  Blank it out if you don't want that set.  Scroll down further to see the forwarding setting and make sure it is blank or what you want.  When you are done click the Save button to update that account's settings.
  • Filters.  Look for suspicious filters and subtle filter names like '.' (a dot).  Remove them and click the Save button.
  • Blocked Addresses.  Make sure no addresses are defined who's email you don't want blocked.  Click Save to update those settings.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.