Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Protect yourself online
mpcorrigan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jan 21, 2019 6:12 PM

Email contact's email going to spam

Emails from one of my email contacts who I communicate with relatively frequently keep going to Spam folder even when replying to an email I sent her.   She is also in my contacts folder.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4年前

The att./yahoo spam filters do not check your contacts.  Maybe that particular contact included something in their email that caused that message to be considered as spam and that was enough to train the spam filter to treat future emails from them as spam.  It's somewhat of a mystery exactly what "training" means when it comes to the att/yahoo spam filters.  But all you can do now is try to retrain them by flagging those messages as "not spam".   It may take repeated attempts to do that and it may not work.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4年前

Why doesn't AT&T either check the contacts or at least have the functionality to say that a particular email address is not spam?

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4年前

Because att doesn't control the behavior of the email servers yahoo does as att's email service provider.  Yahoo of course knows everything about what users need in an email service.  It's either too hard for them to implement, or don't know how, or just won't, or as I said don't think it's needed, to add the changes to allow contacts and user defined filters to have precedence over the spam filters,

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.