Protect yourself online
robertadianne's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 19th, 2017 3:58 PM

email accounts after yahoo merger with verizon

What changes might we expect after the sale of Yahoo to Verizon is final?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

It isnt long, mind saying what will become of my merged yahoo email? Can't begin to think of how p'd off ill be if your lack of info results in my yahoo account being terminated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

All emails I sent yesterday from my pacbell.net address were returned to me as undeliverable. Even gmail and aol addresses. We were told by mail and here online our emails would not be affected. What is happening. My address is -------

Thank you, ----

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

...my pacbell.net address were returned to me as undeliverabl

So presumably that error report was part of a bounce message. There's usually some kind of reason or maybe a cryptic reason error code as to why the message bounced.   What does that message say exactly?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

:
Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.
_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Hmm, I don't know.  Perhaps doing a search for that error message may turn up some solutions.  This could be a SMTP server problem or a problem related to using the grandfathered pacbell.net account.  You may have to get @ATTU-verseCare to help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Sure, then they will attempt to move me to Uverse….that is why this is happening…..att is evil…..I am getting many again, I tried sending an elist of 35 and some went, some coming back

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Then puzzle me this? Why has my email client (thunderbird) that has worked FINE for YEARS, suddenly start failing to log on the the POP3 server inbound.att.net port 995 using SSL for authentication on June 14, 2017?
RSVP
_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I can't.  I also use TB and haven't seen any interruption in service.  But then I have an att.net email domain.  Do you?  Or is it one of the grandfathered domains like pacbell.net, sbcglobal.net, etc.?  There's been a number of reports with problems with them lately in these forums.

For TB all I can suggest is to delete your passwords (or at least the one for inbound.att.net) by going into the TB preferences/options, clicking Security and its Passwords tab.  Then click Saved passwords and delete the inbound.att.net password.  The first time you try to access the POP server when getting new messages TB should prompt for the password.  Enter it (TB's password list will be updated) and hope for the best.

Note, as a control experiment you should see if you can log into the webmail through your browser using that password.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Join the crowd, I cannot email on pacbell.net nor can any of the other residents here on other ATT email addresses, totally against what they promised when they decided to MAKE us take their newly named Uverse.......Sonic here I come....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Not solved.... After the Verizon merger, my account signs me out every hour. I've changed my password and nothing has changed. I've attempted contact with Verizon, but they state that they aren't doing the email thing any longer. Can't even break into an appropriate contact through Yahoo. What more can I do? This is a real inconvenience, as it will sign me out while I'm in the middle of a message.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.