Protect yourself online
robertadianne's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 19th, 2017 3:58 PM

email accounts after yahoo merger with verizon

What changes might we expect after the sale of Yahoo to Verizon is final?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I just tried to log in to my at&t.net email account on Yahoo and it would not work!!  I was told to log in this way when the old method thru at&t would not work.  I searched for at&t mail and found a way to get in.  Please advise us what website we should use to log in now that I am experiencing issues with Yahoo.  Thanks!  sel

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a Yahoo email account, my question is, will I still be able to log into my Yahoo email when verizon.com buys out Yahoo next month?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

With the impending sale of Yahoo to Verizon -- a competitor of AT&T -- will att.net email be provided by means other than Yahoo?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have pacbell.net, sbcglobal.net addresses. I rarely ever used yahoo.com or yahoo.net email addresses. What will happen to my old email addresses, pacbell and sbcglobal, after this yahoo switch deal. Who is the email host now.  

Podge

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

6 years ago

Does AT&T plan to set up their own email system now that a chief competitor Verizon will own Yahoo?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I received an email about the new changes that is very incomplete on questions. I have sbcglobal.net  emails will I need to change those or will I still have access to those under the new set-up ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

hi i use a sbcglobal.net email to log into Tumblr. My Tumblr isn't linked to Yahoo in any other way. Will I have to change my account email to keep my Tumblr?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Sometime in the past my ATT and Yahoo email address got linked together.  With Yahoo being sold, do I have to do anything to separate the 2 email accounts?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a question re the AT&T/sbcglobal.net email account I've had for years (I got it thru AT&T when I was their internet/phone customer). Currently I access this email account through Yahoo/My Yahoo, and it's my main email account, containing crucial emails/data I need to retain access to.

My questions concern AT&T's recent notices that their new site will no longer support Yahoo sites. Does that mean My Yahoo will soon be going away, or that I'll no longer be able to access my ATT/sbcglobal.net email account through Yahoo, or at all?

Also, will I need to transfer my sbcglobal emails/data to a Yahoo email account? If so, how do I go about doing that, without losing any of my emails/data currently in my att/sbcglobal acct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit confused/anxious about this. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Will I be able to retain my xxx@sbcglobal.net email address once the merger of Yahoo is complete? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.